Chapter 16 - Don't and Just Don't

Irene asked Lisa to give her a piggyback ride. She is not very fond of going out late unless she's with her best friend. Unfortunately, Lisa's scooter is currently under maintenance so the two have to hire a cab or walk if they were hanging out elsewhere. Lisa was carrying her effortlessly while Irene's humming a song repeatedly.

"Next please," Lisa asked and yawned. "Stop humming the same song over and over again. It makes me feel sleepy, Baechu."

"But it's a good one."

"I don't even know what song is that?"

"hmmmm -hmmmm- hmmmm?" Irene tried to hum it for her.

"Great, like I could guess it." Lisa rolled her eyes.

"Aigoo, It's a Blackpink's song."

"And since when did you become a k-pop fan?" Lisa was quite surprised.

"I am not really into k-pop but I find the foreign idol hot. She actually reassembles you." She blushed, the good thing is Lisa could not see her.

"Eh? Can you sing that song for me? Sorry I just don't like k-pop. Not my thing."

"If you really, really love me,
then tell me
Say you can't live one day without me, really, really
Say you want me, that you're crazy about me really
If you really, really want me, then tell me
Say you'll never look at anyone else, really, really
Tell me you're not like the other guys."

"I don't like it. Just stop." Lisa just don't want to hear it because it was kinda relatable. But Irene sang it well and the song is really good though it's the first time she ever heard a Blackpink song.

Irene smacked her. "Hey! They are the biggest Girl Group in the entire planet. Maybe universe too. Not that Red Velvet's being irrelevant. They still stand as the Korean National Girl Group but Blackpink is just in another level like even aliens know them."

"What? That's too funny. So what do you call me? I don't even know those two groups. And why did they name their group after a cake?"

"I don't know, I am not Lee Soo Man."

"Who is that? Aish anyway I don't like k-pop period."

"Aigoo because you're the boring type and you are not aware of the popular people around you. You are not even aware that some girls and boys at the campus have already formed fan clubs for you."

"Eh?"

"Yeah, and it's weird. How can they like a monkey-like you?" She teased.

"What the- yah, I will not hesitate to drop you. Cut it out. I may not that pretty but I look better compare to a monkey." She defended.

"Of course you are. I was just messing around." Irene hugged her tight. She's actually afraid that Lisa would really consider meeting the girl named Jennie.

"Are you cold?" Lisa noticed that Irene's being too clingy with her. She thought maybe she's just cold.

"I missed this. We should do this more often instead of riding your scooter."

"But you can't tire yourself. And hiring cabs would be more expensive." Lisa pointed out.

"Can you promise me that no matter what happened? You are still going to give me piggyback rides?"

"Always, Baechu. Always." Lisa said with sincerity.

"Good. And don't offer it to anyone else. It would be like forfeiting our friendship." Irene warned her best friend.