When the sun rises

right so this is a new years special :) only the flash back though

============================================

*Flashback*

1999

I laid in bed, looking at the ceiling while listening to Damon taking a shower. It was New Years Eve, the millennium. The world was going to end. HAHA. Just kidding, all those people that actually believe that are a little crazy really. That's coming from a vampire too. Damon’s shower cut off as I sat up in bed, grabbing a glass of water.

“so if the world ends today or whatever, we should party hard” Damon smirked at me.

“mmm, starting with you getting back in bed” I nodded, he jumped on the bed and started to tickle me.

“stop” I repeated as he started to use his vampire speed to tickle my sides. I was wriggling around the bed like mad, but still he didn’t stop... Then I accidently punched him in the face.

“oww” he frowned, holding his nose.

“I’m sorry baby” I pouted, reaching up and kissing it.

“its okay” he chuckled, laying down on the bed next to me. He pulled me close to him and just held me.

“Marti, I love you... I love us... I love everything about what we are” he randomly stated.

“okay” I frowned.

“well I mean, we’ve been together for too long now, but it doesn’t feel that way” he explained.

“too long” I mumbled, feeling a little hurt. To me it didn’t feel long enough.

“well as in this is my longest relationship. Before you I would never have stayed with a person this long” he muttered.

“hmmmm, well I guess I’m special then” I teased.

“very” he nodded then started to kiss my neck, starting something that I hoped he would finish.

*end of Flashback*

I opened my eyes just in time to see that sunrise was a few minutes away. I could feel Damon was stroking my hair and I smiled. That was a good dream last night... sunrise over the sea. I looked down to my left hand and saw there was a ring on my ring finger, Damon’s mothers ring.

“morning” Damon breathed into my hair. I guess he was giving me a few moments to realise this wasn’t some dream I had last night.

“hey” I smiled up at him and kissed his cheek.

“convinced it wasn’t a dream yet” he chuckled hugging me tighter. He knew me too well.

“unless this is also a dream” I countered and he rolled his eyes and pushed me away from him.

“that wasn’t very nice” I muttered shaking my hair to get the damp sand out of it.

“shh” he smiled and I saw him pull out an envelope then open it.

Damon,

            Things have gone well with my daughter then, and I am not there to see that. You look after my baby girl or there will be trouble. I know that you are perfect for my daughter, I have seen how comfortable around each other you are. There is only one thing I expect from you Damon, that is to make her happy.

            Marti, my sweet princess Marti. If I know you, you will be sad on the day of your wedding as I am not there to walk you down the aisle. Don’t be. It should be the happiest day of your life and you are not going to worry that I am not there, ok, because you have Damon, he will look after you better than I ever could princess.