Flipping out

“hey” I smiled at Elena.

“what the hell” she frowned looking up at me.

“we were watching late night TV whilst eating ice cream and attacking Damon’s alcohol. I’m not surprised your confused, you knocked a lot back, not that I blame you with all the crap going on in your life” I smiled at her. We were still on the sofa, she was lying on top of me.

“I think I remember” she winced holding her head.

“if you get off me I can get you some water and painkillers” I offered.

“thanks” she moved enough for me to slide out from under her. I ran to the kitchen, filled a glass up with water and took a painkiller from the cupboard.

“there you go” I smiled at her then started to walk away again.

“where you going” she frowned.

“to check no one did any killing people in their sleep last night” I rolled my eyes and ran up the stairs. Damon was laying in bed, perfectly asleep so I left him knowing that just like me, he does not appreciate being woken up. Stefan was also asleep in his bed so I moved on to Tyler’s room.

Tyler was asleep and wrapped up in the covers. I walked in to the room and sat carefully on the bed so I did not wake him. He looked peaceful and I hated the fact that he had to be brought into this world. Stupid, selfish Katherine, she should not have messed around with his life, he has to live with this forever now. A small part of me sighed, Damon was the one that killed Mason, if he had not then Katherine would not have forced Tyler’s wolf to come out. I could not blame Damon though; he had no idea that Katherine had plans for Mason. He just thought he was protecting us in his strange way, and after what happened at that charity thing I could understand why Damon wanted him Dead. Tyler rolled over and looked at me.

“hey” he smiled at me.

“you ok” I asked.

“everything is so different, I mean I have changed once but I only thought it was me and Caroline, I never knew that there were others in this town until yesterday” he sighed sitting up.

“it will take a while to sink in” I assured him.

“I had no idea how badly they were going to hurt you Marti, I just thought she was going to talk to you, if I had known I wouldn’t have lead you there, I’m sorry” he rushed.

“but you could have stopped it, I asked you to let me go, to help me and you did nothing” I frowned.

“I blamed you for Mason’s death even though you didn’t do it, I don’t know who to believe Marti” he whispered.

“I thought I was your friend, friends don’t treat each other like that” I didn’t like where this conversation was going, but he had started it.

“but you lied to me, you told me you didn’t know where Mason was” he started to shout. I jumped off the bed to distance myself from him.

“I lied to protect Damon, my friends, you. What was the point in telling you he was dead, you couldn’t do anything about it” I sobbed.

“Marti...” he began.

“when they threatened to kill me if Damon and Stefan didn’t bring the moonstone you just stood there, you did nothing, you would have let me die when wolf woman was holding her gun to my neck” I shouted, angry now rather than upset.

“I didn’t know what to do” he told me jumping out of the bed.

“you help your friend, that's what you do” I cried.