Introduction

Have you ever wanted something so bad and no matter how much you prayed for it,it never happened?This is how my entire life was before today.
----
"Stop it!"I shouted as I tried to get
my diary back from that witch Deborah.

"Beg for it,dog."She said as she held it in the air far from my reach.

"Please!"

"Not good enough...Oops."She popped the lock of with a pocket knife.

"Page one.Dear Diary,"She began as she smirked.

"Please don't read it!"I pleaded as two girls held me back.

Despite my pleads,she still went on.

"Today is the day I'll finally get adopted.I can feel it.My new mommy will be so pretty and my new daddy will have the prettiest smile!I know for sure!"She read aloud as she snickered.

"Sylvia, age 9!Where's your pretty Mommy and Daddy now,Sylvia?You still think you're going to get adopted?" Deborah said as she flipped through the pages.

Deborah was also an orphan,but she's in the process of being adopted right now.

"Ooh.Here's another." She said as she flipped to another page."Lucky for Corra,huh?She got adopted by this rich family.Im so jealous but I'm sure tomorrow someone will come and fill out papers for me.Im sure of it!"She read aloud."Sylvia,age 11!"She laughed

"Stop..."I said again as I felt a lump in my throat.

"No!...Shawn?...Dear Diary."

No...Oh god, please no! I thought to myself as the two girls held me in their strong grip.

"Today I met Shawn McLamb,the hottest boy in school.Too bad he's dating that bitch...Deborah...Well this bitch is getting a Mom and Dad today while you rot in this hell hole."She got in my face."Because a dumb,ugly,black bitch like you will never be adopted because no one loves you and never.Will."She said throwing the diary at the floor.

"Deborah,Mr and Mrs.Gicepi are here."I heard Gretchen called from downstairs.

She smirked and scoffed as she grabbed her suitcase from her bed.

"Have fun being lonely."Were the last words she'd spoken to me.

The two girls let me go and ran off to another room giggling like nothing happened.I dropped to the floor and slowly picked up the broken diary.

A tear drop landed on the cover and it travelled down the side into the old stale red carpet that was filled with crumbs and debris from past children.

I was the only one who had this room now.Sure she bullied me,but now I'm alone.

Get it together Sylvia,you're 16!Fucking 16 and acting like a scared child in a big harsh world.Grow the hell up.

Those were the exact words I wrote on the cover of my diary.All in big black letters with a permanent marker.

I've been here longer than any other child.I've had friends come and go and every time I saw them leave with that same smile of excitement and joy on their face it broke my heart.I used to think that if I wished on a shooting star that all my wishes would come true;that someone would come by and take me home with them,but this isn't a Disney movie and I sure as hell aren't a princess.

I don't wish anymore,but I do pray.

I made my bed and lied down;trying to find tears to cry but they were long gone in the first two years here.
---
"Sylvia,Sylvia darling wake up!" Gretchen said shaking me out of my sleep.Gretchen was the owner of the orphanage.She's a kind gentle older woman at least 63 years old.If I ever needed anything like advice,I always came to her.