The Conversation

Willows pov

We head back to where we've been setting up camp, in silence. I know I have to thank him ,he saved my life. But I have a question in my mind. What promise was Jennifer talking about?

Once we get there I quickly take a leaf off a branch,  large enough to cover my wound.   I take out one bottle of water and slowly pour some over my wound.   It burns so damn much! I eventually finish cleaning it and take the last gauze in the now empty first aid kit and put it over my room as I tie it with a piece of my pant leg that I ripped off.  Then I go and sit next to Tyler on th ground.

" Tyler, "I said still looking at the ground.
" Yeah?" he said. I feel him looking at me. I haven't looked up until know. "What promise was Jennifer talking about?"

I see him look down. Like he's a little nervous to say what is coming next. "Willow, in the interview I did before these Games started,Caesar asked me if I had any goals for the Games. I simply said yes,to keep you safe and alive." He said.

" Why? " I asked,"You didn't even like me back then. Heck! I didn't even know you before the Games. I did see you around though but I never knew you were interested in me . " I said.

"I always thought you were pretty but never really knew you. Not until I saw the whole side of Willow Mellark. The whole other side other than what's on the outside . " Tyler said," So I made a promise to myself. Look I don't know what kind of promises you've made but I made promises to ,not only me, but also to your parents. I promised myself that you would live no matter what. " he said.

I couldn't think of anything to say. I don't think there was anything I could say. But I knew one thing that I needed to say.
" Well, Thank you for protecting and being there for me when I need you." I said.

" No  problem and I'll always be there till the very end , Willow."
He leans in close. His lips are instantly on my lips moving in sync. Our hearts beating as one as the kiss kept going.

He puts his hand on my neck. I instantly put my hand on top of his. The kiss kept going. ¡Boom! A cannon goes of making us jump back and end our kiss.

The Capitol seal comes on the screen and showed all the dead tributes.
" I can't do this. " I say my voice hoarse.
"Can't do what? " he asked.
" Kill.  Kill more people than we've already killed,  " I answered.

"Willow,I know how you feel and no matter what I will always be there for you no matter what happens. I don't want to do this either. " he said.

¡Snap!
"Someone's coming, hurry up hide! " Tyler says pulling my arm. I could hear the alarm in his voice so I do as he says.

§______________________________________§

" Don't you dare look out your window, darling everything's on fire. The war outside our door keeps raging on. Hold on to this lullaby. Even when the music's gone.gone."
-safe and sound Taylor Swift