7. Grims in teacups^

The next morning I felt like a bedraggled puppy following everybody down to the hall the next morning, stopping every couple of minutes to admire a portrait or ask a million stupid questions that nobody minded answering for me.

The first thing I saw as I entered the hall was Draco Malfoy. He was entertaining a girl with a small round face that looked a bit like a pug. As we passed he pretended to faint and a bunch of kids around him burst into laughter.

It was easy to see who he was making fun of.

"Ignore them." Gennie said through gritted teeth. "Dragon dung is worth more than those morons."

"Hey! Hey, new girl!" the girl with the pug face shouted. "Look! A dementor is behind you! WOOOO!"

"Well I hope one strangles you in your sleep!" I shouted back, sticking a certain finger in the air, my cheeks bright red. Sitting next to Harry, I clenched and unclenched my fists several times. I needed to work on my temper.

"Here, it's a new schedule for you." Harry said, passing me a sheet of parchment. "Who got you so angry?"

"That foul cockroach called Draco Malfoy," I shook my head in disgust. "And his little pug dog of a girlfriend, they're so pathetic!"

"You mean Pansy Parkinson. She's a lovely girl." Hermione said sarcastically. "She's a right cow to Gennie and me; you'd best stay clear of her. She's not the enemy you want to make."

Alia inspected Pansy Parkinson from a distance. "She looks like a puppy that got run over."

"He's a little git," George said through a mouthful of toast. He nodded at Malfoy. "He wasn't so cocky on the train yesterday. He came running into our compartment last night, right Fred?"

"Nearly wet himself," said Fred, with a smirk at Malfoy.

"I wasn't too happy myself," said George. "They're horrible things, those Dementors..."

"Sort of freeze your insides, don't they?" said Fred. I put down my slice of toast, not feeling very hungry at the thought of dementors.

"You didn't pass out, though, did you?" said Harry in a low voice.

"Forget it, Harry," said George bracingly. "They suck the happiness out of a place, Dementors. Most of the prisoners go mad in there."

"All of them, most likely," I muttered, picking at a hangnail, my thoughts once more on the haunted eyes of Sirius Black.

"We're going to destroy Slytheirn in the first match of the season, hold onto that." Gennie said dreamily. "He fell off his broom last match as well."

Hermione, who hadn't been paying attention, squealed. "We have new subjects today!"

"They've messed up your schedule," Ron said, peering over her shoulder. "You're down for having three lessons this morning-at the same time!"

"I've fixed it all with Professor McGonagall." Hermione said irritably.

"What are you going to do, clone yourself?" Alia snorted. She glanced over her shoulder. "Crap, they're leaving without me! Bye!" she flung herself off the bench with a pile of toast, chasing after a small crowd of first years.

Shaking my head at how crazy Alia was, I turned back to Hermione, a more neutral form of craziness. "Time travel, that's how you're doing it!" I said dramatically, pointing my fork at her. "Oh my god, you are secretly a Time-Lady! Do you have a TARDIS I could borrow?"

"Don't be silly," Hermione rolled her eyes. "I'm not in three classes at once."

"Well then -"

"Pass the marmalade," said Hermione.