5. Hello, brother ^

"How do you know my name?" He asked apprehensively, looking me up and down. His voice hadn't broken yet, and his green eyes looked wide and innocent. He was here. He was real.

The grin stayed plastered to my face, and I'm sure I looked like some crazy Cheshire cat, but I couldn't help myself and I dropped my cauldron and hugged him tightly without thinking. An ache went through my heart as Harry shoved me off.

"Who are you?" he repeated, looking freaked out. I cursed myself inside. I was too forward.

"I know it's hard to believe, but... I'm your sister." I said slowly, and waited for the words to sink in, for him to hug me tightly and maybe even cry. But instead, his face screwed up in a scowl, and he glared at Gennie.

"Are you serious, Gennie?" he snapped. "Is this your big surprise? You found another sick person pretending to be my sister! I thought you of all people would understand!

"People pretend to be me?" I ask, feeling flattered and disgusted at the same time.

"I know your game, whatever your real name is!" Harry snapped. "I've seen people pretend to be my dead sister!"

I felt rejection inside. He didn't believe me. But I wasn't going down without a fight. I would convince him I was Aurora Potter, even if it was the last thing I ever did.

"Well then, why do I have this?" I questioned, and I pulled the locket out of my hoodie. I unclasped it from my neck, and threw it at Harry.

"What's this rubbish?" He snapped.

"Just open it!" I hissed as people started to stare, and I gnawed on my fingernail as he opened the locket, but scoffed.

"You could have made this, found it somewhere." He said, sounding desperate for an excuse now as he ran his fingers over the cool metal of the locket.

"Harry, why are you denying it?" Hermione asked him. "She looks like you-she has your eyes!"

"She-she could be a look-a-like." Harry shrugged, but he was looking anxious at the possibility that I was actually his sister.

"Well then," I took a deep breath. It was now or never. "How do I have this?" I rolled up my hoodie sleeve, and showed him my scar, identical to his.

Harry took a step forward, and clutched my wrist, running his fingers lightly over the scarred skin. He looked up at me with a hopeful expression. "Would I really take the time to make a scar he same as yours?" I said quietly.

"It's-It's really you, isn't it?" he said quietly, sounding near tears.

I nodded, unable to reply without crying. And then Harry was hugging me, and I was hugging him back and while it was awkward, I felt at home, and I could just tell, I could just tell he was my brother somehow. I could almost physically see that the blood that ran through both of our veins was similar.

"How-How haven't I seen you until now?" Harry said, looking amazed as we ended the hug, but still standing very close to each other.

Looking around, I noticed several people staring. "I'll tell you back at the Leaky Cauldron-it's a long, long story."

"Well... I don't know what to say." Hermione said, blinking a few times as the five of us slowly made our way down Diagon Alley, Harry and I casting looks at each other every few seconds, as if checking each other were real.

"Same here," Harry and I said together, and then we both grinned sheepishly.

"They've known each other for less than five minutes and they already have the creepy twin sync-thing going on." Ron spluttered, shaking his head.