Chapter Fourteen

After the long drive, we had finally reached the apartment as Tristian had flat out dumped himself face first on the couch. I was thinking about getting him a pillow and blanket, but by the looks of it seemed that he was already comfortable. I think back to the fight with Martinez. I remembered that the Underworld Beasts appear due to one's negative thoughts. During the fight, I could see that a little boy was crying in the front row in the audience. It was then I decided to look up the Amateur Boxer on my laptop.

"Says here that he has only one son." I say to myself as I carefully head upstairs to my bedroom.

I looked at the clock and it was already 11pm at night. I got ready for bed and did my normal nightly routine. Shower, brush my teeth, and get dressed in my pajamas. I then laid on my bed and stared at the ceiling until my eyes closed. I thought about Nadia and practiced what I was going to say to her when I was ready to propose. I thought about how both of our families would react. I definitely knew how Tristian would react as he would already be busting out the champagne bottle. I thought back to the little boy during the fight as he seemed to have a connection with Martinez. I looked up Martinez's information on google and it revealed the boy standing next to the boxer. I closed my laptop and headed to bed. I figured tomorrow I can swing by Martinez's house and see if the little boy was his son.

The next morning, I heard someone cooking in the kitchen as pots and pans we bang against each other. I head downstairs and find that Tristan was making breakfast. My friend was a guy with many talents, and cooking was not one of them. I glance at Tristan scratching my head and see the pot steaming rapidly.

"Good morning. How would you like your eggs?" Tristan asks jumping around for joy as though he won the lottery.

"I like my eggs not burnt please." I reply as I see trying his best not to look too depressed.

"You got it." Tristan says as he tries his best to stay focused while trying to make breakfast.

Worried, I glanced at Tristan who seemingly looked happy. Using my emotion reading ability I could tell that deep down inside he was filled with anger and sadness. On the kitchen table in his wallet I see a slip of paper sticking out in the top corner. I pull the paper revealing it to be a WWE contract. I flash the contract in Tristan's face as my best friend shakes his head. He furiously takes the contract out of my hand and starts walking towards the living room.

"So you want to become a WWE superstar?" I ask as Tristan sits on the couch with his head down staring at the floor.

"It's the only way I can release the anger building up inside. You especially know that I can't control myself. Plus I have a tryout match live on Friday Night Smackdown in two weeks. Don't know who it's against though." Tristan answers as he places the contract back in his wallet.

As Tristan places the WWE contract back in his wallet, I had just remembered that Gabriel had asked the two of us to meet him at the Allstate Arena. Before Tristan can make anything else I grab his wrist and let go of him very carefully. He puts down the spatula and places it on the kitchen counter as Tristan begins his things. I then decided to tell Gabriel my decision about Tristan after the campaign was over. I glance still packing up his things and tell him.

"Hey Tristan I forgot that Gabriel wants to meet him this afternoon." I say.

"Ok cool. We can head over there now, I guess. By the time we leave this house it will already be 12pm when we get there." Tristan replies as leaving his backpack on the floor going to the bathroom.

I think I'll go by myself this time." I said to him as I saw the look on his face. Tristan furiously grabbed his knapsack, shaking his head.

Tristan puts on his shoes and walks out of the apartment slamming the door. The slamming of the door causes the picture to fall as the glass shatters. From that moment, the friendship between Tristan and I started to deteriorate. Picking up the phone I text Gabriel stating that I will be meeting him in the afternoon. I look back at the broken frame, picking up glass shards off the floor. In my mind, I decided that it was time to kick Tristan off the campaign team. I know he won't like it, but it'll be for the best.

At 12pm I head out to the car with Tristan's WWE contract in my hand. Starting the engine, I began reflecting on the 10 years of friendship we've had. As I backed out of the driveway I noticed that I almost knocked over the garbage can. My mind was wandering off as I was this close to veering off the road. About 20 minutes into the drive, I noticed a poster with Lionel's face on it mudslinging me saying stuff like unworthy opposition or false prophet. It made me furious seeing those posters around me.

"I wonder if Tristan's right?" I asked myself as I was about to pull into the parking lot of the Allstate arena.

The was empty as the only car here was mine. I get out of the car looking around the venue hoping I wouldn't be ambushed by any of Lionel's goons.

"Ahh. James, you're here." Gabriel greets me walking out of the building.

"Hey Gabriel." I say shaking his hand.

"Now that you're here, you can follow me." Gabriel motions his hand as the two of us walk into the building.

Entering the building, we walk through to what seems to be like the backstage area of Allstate. I could see a light ahead as the hallway darkened. My knees started shaking as I was unprepared to see what was coming next.  Reaching the end of the hallway we entered a room filled with tactical weapons and SWAT gear. I was curious to see why a room like that would even exist. Suddenly The COO of WWE appears and greets Gabriel with open arms. It was as though they were really close friends.

"Gabriel old buddy. It's so great to see you." Triple H says as they hug one more time.

"Um So what's going on here?" I ask as Triple H and Gabriel stare at me.

"Well James, you said you needed a task force, So I made a few calls and found you an elite to help you with Lionel." Gabriel explains.

"There's more..." Triple H adds he pulls out a map of the entire world.

"What do you mean more?" I ask curiously.

"Well, after your match with Johnny "Knockout" Martinez, the team and I have been pinpointing all the red eyed demons that have shown up. China, the United Kingdom, Saudi Arabia, Japan, and even here in the states." Triple H explains as things were starting to get serious.

"Not was I looking for other Myth Legends like yourself, but I know about the symbols that Tristan has seen." Gabriel as he stares at the map.

"Well what is it?" I ask as I'm more anxious to find out about the symbols.

"There are signs all pointing to the coming of Lucifer. As you know he wants to open the hell's gate and burn this world to a crisp." Gabriel says Triple H crumples up the map in the background.

"He's building an army and that's why we're here." Triple H says.