Chapter Five

After the tournament, I had returned to my apartment contemplating on what I just witnessed with Lionel and the man's hand he was shaking. Something about my campaign opponent was off about him. Turning on my laptop, I start browsing through Google News. On the right hand side of the screen, I see a picture of Lionel and a man with short-black hair. Below the picture was link to a video. Curious, I click on the link to see what all the interest was about.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to announce the newest member to Team Reaper... Johnny "Knockout" Martinez! I also forgot to mention he is a 15 time amateur champion boxer. " Lionel exclaims raising the man's arms up. 

It seemed to me that Lionel has invested into the boxing world. As I stare at the video, I began thinking that it's time for me to get a campaign team of my own. Moving the cursor, I open up a new tab. I did my research on getting some security detail for my campaign team. After hours of staring at the computer I decide to call Tristan. Knowing him, he's still resting up from the incident at the tournament. Ever since the IHOP incident, Tristan seemed startled as of late. His mind was somewhere as if he was worried something was going to happen in the near future.  I decide to give Tristan a call to see what is going on with him. I grab my phone, and dial Tristan's number. The phone rings a couple of times, but Tristan doesn't seem to answer. Instead, his phone sends me straight to voicemail.

"Hi, you have reached Tristan Rosales. I'm not able to answer the phone, but please your name phone and a short message." Tristan away message ends then beeps.

"Hey Tristan, I hope everything is okay. You seemed a bit off ever since IHOP. I'll try calling you tomorrow. Also before I forget, I need some ideas of getting some security detail. If you have any ideas, I'm open to suggestions." I reply.

Hanging up the phone, I turn my attention back to Johnny Martinez. From the looks of it seem like he was embroiled in a social media feud with WWE superstar Seth Rollins. The two athletes were going back and forth after Martinez had gone on about how WWE wrestlers were all fake people. Reading the tweets I felt like the Tristan had already been anxiously awaiting this feud to happen. In response, WWE superstar Seth Rollins responds:

"Really Why don't you come to WWE RAW and say that to my face."

Turning off my laptop, I lay the device on the floor. Laying my head I began staring at the ceiling. My eyes start dozing off as I let out a big yawn. As I gently lay on the pillow, I start thinking of people who would fit perfectly on my campaign team. I know that Tristan is on board, that's for sure. Also, If we find out where Gabriel is, I definitely would need him as my campaign manager. Dozing off, in my sleep, there was one bible verse that had me in deep thought.

"The words of their mouths are wicked and deceitful; they fail to act wisely or do good. Psalm 36:3" 

I try not to think of it as much, but something about that specific verse struck me as far fetched. Ever since Lionel shook that guy's hand at the gymnasium. The night went by as I have gotten my eight hours of sleep. Waking up the next morning, I had done my usual routine of breakfast and getting ready for campaigning. Pulling out my suit and tie from my closet, I receive a text message from my brother in law Gerald to meet at my parents house in Deerfield. I had forgotten that Gerald and my sister Mandy were helping me campaign.

Getting ready, I put on my black dress shoes and polo shirt. Grabbing my car keys I walk out the door. Entering the driver's seat of the Yaris, I start the engine to the car backing out of my driveway and head towards my parent's house. I turn on the radio and Newsboys new song "Greatness of our God" starts playing. During the I start reflecting on my campaign and how I can get more people to vote. Driving through town ads for a WWE event coming to Chicago were posted on everyone's window. More flyers start popping up during the drive as it gave me an idea.