Chapter One

It has been a year since I found out that I was one of the last disciple of God. A lot has happened to me since then. Tristan has been getting emails from girls all over the world on CDFF (Christian Dating for Free). Tristan, has been writing my speeches and helping me out in my campaign. Unfortunately, he hasn't found that brunette haired girl yet. As I lay in my bed with my eyes shut, thinking back to the battle last year with Abaddon. I reflect back at the chaos that occurred at Holy Trinity. I remember Gabriel laying in a hospital bed recovering from the wounds Abaddon had given to him on the stage. My eyes open as my phone goes off. I see my phone laying next to me on my bed. Picking it up, I see Tristan calling me.

"Hello?" I say answering the phone.

"James, where are you? It's already 10:05 in the morning." Tristan replies.

Looking at my clock, I realize that I'm already late for a campaign meeting. I get out of bed and put on my dress pants. Since last year, I had become a local celebrity. I had decided to run for Congress as the government had become corrupt. The death toll in Illinois increased since congress appointed new people to run the government and there's so much hatred 'towards different ethnicities going on here.

"Yeah Tristan, I'm just getting ready. I'll be there in 10 minutes." I say.

"Okay, I'll see you then." Tristan says.

Hanging up the phone, I quickly put on my suit and tie. I quickly rush to the bathroom and brushing my teeth. I run downstairs to the kitchen where I see my brother Michael playing Ratchet and Clank on the big TV in the living room. By the stove, my mom is making sandwiches for lunch and my dad is playing poker on his phone. I put on my shoes and grab my keys to the Yaris off the table. I had spent the night at my parents house after working on stuff for my campaign.

"James are you not going to eat lunch?" My mom asks me.

"No I'll just get something after my campaign meeting." I answer.

"Okay take care. Is Michael going with you?" My mom asks me.

"No he doesn't want to." I answer as I look at my little brother who's still playing his video game.

"Okay then. Take care and drive safely." My mom says.

Before I head out the door, I grab my laundry and walk up to mom to give her a goodbye hug. Afterwards, I walk up to my dad patting him on the shoulder. As I head out the door, I glance at Michael hoping he will figure out what he wants to major in college.I head towards the Yaris. Starting the car, I back out of my driveway and started wondering where Gabriel is, considering I haven't seen him since Tristan and I had visited him in the hospital. I start driving in Deerfield square as everything seemed peaceful. I make a left turn as I park in front of the park district and exit the Yaris. Walking towards the entrance, I see Tristan pacing back and forth by the front of town hall anxiously waiting to get into the facility. Walking towards Tristan he grabs me by my arm pulling me towards towards podium stationed in front of the police station.

Tristan and I see news reporters from all over the city of Chicago. As Tristan and I walk past crowd the cameras begin flashing brightly into my eyes. I place my right hand out shaking everyone's hand. We make our way past the news reporters reaching the stage. Staring out into the crowd I could see some of them audience have signs that say "Wise for Congress." Other people have their cellphones up high attempting to take a picture. Walking towards the podium I can see Tristan pulling out two note cards. Tristan walks up to podium with the note cards in hand, but before he can hand them to me I signal him to stop. I adjusted the microphone staring at the crowd. The room was silent as I could hear nothing, but the sound of my lungs breathing in and out.