Chapter Thirteen

Driving back home, I turn on the car radio and hear an unexpected announcement. It was said that the very first debate for congress will be held at the Sears Centre at Hoffman Estates, IL. After hearing the announcement, I thought about what kind of questions the MC was going to ask me. About 10 minutes into the drive, I imagined a scene where Tristan had decided to mud sling Lionel. I knew in my mind, that was not the way I wanted to win. As I was 5 minutes to my house, I thought back to the way my whole life as The Disciple started. I remembered the moment back at the theater as Tristan and I were about to see Star Wars. I remember my first experience using my powers and shoving the guy back to his seat. Coming back to the present day, my phone buzzes as I receive a notification.

"Who can that be?" I ask myself as I glance at my phone seeing that it was only a Facebook notification.

The Facebook notification stated an order I had made a while back was ready for pickup. I thought to myself if I should go and get it today. Passing through my hometown of Deerfield, I decided to swing by Tristan's house and pick him up. Knowing Tristan he'd want to go on adventure. The order I had placed on Facebook was a big screen. Seconds before, reaching Tristan's complex, I could see my best sitting on the sidewalk. Rolling down the window, I sense that Tristan seemed depressed.

"Hey Tristan, Is everything okay?" I asked him.

"Yeah everything is fine. Just down in the dumps that's all." Tristan answers.

"Well do you wanna go pick up something I bought? I ask trying to make him feel better and jumping up for joy.  

"Sure. Maybe I can tell you what is on my mind." Tristan responds as he stands up and enters the passenger's of the Yaris.

"Okay. It's going to be a long ride though. The house is all the way in Richmond, IL." I reply back. 

Tristan gets into the car as I start the engine. I glance at him as he is still down in the dumps.

"Hey buddy, you wanna tell me what's on your mind?" I ask with a worried look on my face.

"It's that I was talking to this one girl through messenger and some reason she hasn't replied back yet." Tristan answers as the tone in voice sounds like he was complaining.

10 minutes into the drive, Tristan began taking out his PSP. By the looks of it, he seemed to be creating a new dreamer. During the drive, I notice Tristan's hands and PSP glowing white. I wanted  to see who Tristan was , but I had to focus on the road. I place my focus back on the road as the Yaris almost swerves onto the sidewalk.

"James look out!" Tristan yells as the two of us hear the screeching wheels maneuver back into our lane.

"Sorry man, I was distracted by something out the window.

We passed the town of Wakanda where there were numerous flyers for Lionel. I could see that this town seemed to be no good. There was at least one police car on every street. It reminded of the time Tristan, Jeff and another friend of ours had gotten us arrested for Teepeeing his house. We were about 5 minutes to the house. The seller neighborhood looked like they were living at a crack house.

"James I have a very bad feeling about this." Tristan says with a very worried look on his face.

We finally reach the seller's house parking the Yaris in front of their driveway. Their front yard was filled with old broken furniture and old dusty toys that look like they haven't been played with for quite awhile. Tristan and I get out of the car and start walking towards the front door. Reaching the front step we could hear a loud THUD as if someone fell on the floor. Suddenly, a child starts crying as Tristan and I rush up the steps. I reached for the front door, but the door handle was loose so there was no way for us to get in. Tristan moves me aside and kicks down the door. As we enter the household, we see a man holding a shotgun towards a woman whose face seems to be bruised.