Chapter Nine

Moments before the first round of the match Tristan helps me put on a pair of boxing gloves loaned to me by Triple H. The WWE superstars involved in the scuffle earlier surround the ring to make sure no outside interference occurs. Tristan steps down standing behind the turnbuckle of the ring. Lionel then tightens up Martinez's gloves as my competition does the same thing. Johnny Martinez and I meet in the middle of the ring with the ref explaining the rules of this impromptu boxing match.

"I want a good clean fight. No hitting below the belt and let go of the hold on my call. If you two are ready touch gloves and head back to your corners." The ref says.

The two us head back to our corners as Martinez and myself stare each down from across the ring. As I stare into eyes, I could tell that the 15 time amateur boxing champ didn't only want to win the fight, but wanted to tear me limb by limb. Unexpectedly, something mystical started happening to Martinez as he began to bulk up and metal spikes emerged from both his gloves. The Usos, Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns, Randy Orton, Jeff Hardy, and Tristan heads start spinning as they don't know what is happening at the moment. Then, armor materializes around his body with metal shoulder pad attaching around his chest. Tristan walks up the steel steps leaning towards my left ear.

"James, it looks Lionel purchased a red-eyed demon." Tristan says.

"I know. That means someone has a negative thought in this building." I reply back.

"Great so how we supposed to find the person with a negative thought?" Tristan asks.

"Not sure yet, but we'll figure it out." I answer.

The bell rings and we start sizing each other up in the middle of the ring. The audience in the arena begin to make noise waiting for someone to throw the first punch. Throwing a right hook, Martinez blocks with his right fist and hits me in the face. I step back towards the turnbuckle as Martinez unloads on me with a series of punches. I cover myself up trying to prevent any damage towards my body as possible. Throwing the last punch I finally duck as Martinez loses balance, stumbling towards the turnbuckle. The crowd cheers as it was turn to land a series of punches to face and ribs.

"Yes there we go keep it up!" Tristan yells from the sidelines doing boxing motions in the corner.

Before the end of the first round I hit score a right uppercut knocking him out of the ring. Martinez gets up and finds himself surrounded Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins, and Randy Orton all making sure he doesn't escape. The Underworlder hits Rollins with a right hook to the face, knocking him to the ground as he quickly slithers back to the ring walking back to his corner. The crowd starts booing Martinez in the ring.

The bell rings as the second round begins. Martinez and I power walk towards each other. Martinez goes immediately for a right hook, but I weave back and hitting a one-two punch.

  The bell rings as the second round begins. Martinez and I power walk towards each other. Martinez goes immediately for a right hook, but I weave back and hitting a one-two punch. The 15 time champion quickly recovers as blood drips down the left side of his lip. Martinez wipes it off as his spiked shoulder pad starts to energize his boxing gloves causing them to glow. Martinez then lunges towards me, punching me in the gut. He tries hitting me with a left hook, but I block with my left. Unfortunately, it was just a distraction as his right fist nails me across the face. Blood spills from my mouth as I get knocked down.

"One! Two! Three!" The referee begins the count as I struggle to get up.

I could see Tristan trying to will me on and telling me to get up. His punches were a lot harder this time and it did a lot of damage on me. On the other side I could Roman helping Seth up to his feet after getting punched by Martinez.