Chapter Eighteen

It's the day of my campaign rally and Devin's Birthday Celebration. I tried to be in my best mood and stay positive for the good of the world. I had already gotten ready and finished eating breakfast. Before I left, I opened my Facebook Messenger app on my phone. I wished Nadia a goodnight as it was already 10pm there in the Philippines. Here in Mundelein, it's 10am in the morning. I had booked Ravinia for the entire day so that I could set everything up before-hand. I got into my car and backed out of the garage heading towards Ravinia located at Highland Park. As I was driving I recited Proverbs 27:17 which read:

"You use steel to sharpen steel, and one friend sharpens another."

I repeated that verse continuously, as I had stopped at a stop light. I started thinking about my friendship with Tristan. He's come so far preserving his dreams as I started to realize that my little brother Michael was right. I should at least try to be more supportive instead of treating everyone like their parents. I should be more of a friend and a brother to the extent of to the point where I could draw the line. I didn't live far from Ravinia as the drive only took 36 minutes. As I finally got to the parking lot, I saw a ton of cars parked in front. I parked near the entrance as Gabriel was waiting for me outside. Getting out of the car, I swiftly jogged towards Gabriel curious as to why there were so many cars parked in front.

"Gabriel, why are you here so early? The festivities don't start until 5pm?" I asked him as he smiled at me.

"Follow me James." He replies as he opens the gate.

The two of us walk into the outdoor complex. Inside, I had seen my family including my little brother Michael, Tristan and his family, WWE Champion Cody Rhodes, Randy Orton, The Usos (Jimmy and Jey) along with Jimmy's wife Naomi, and finally Devin with his mother setting everything up. From the corner of my eye I saw Ryan dressed in a tuxedo greeting me with a nod. I nodded back, as I looked around to see if there was anything else that needed to be set up before the event.

Walking around the auditorium, I saw Ruby who was having a conversation with Tristan's mother Luz.

"Hey James." Tristan walks up to me as we do our normal handshake.

"Hey Tristan. I saw what happened on the episode of WWE SmackDown last week. It seemed like you, The Usos, and Cody Rhodes had everything under control." I told him as he had a smile on his face.

After a couple hours the DJ had arrived as the guests were lined up to enter Ravinia. The DJ set his equipment close to the podium. As the guest entered the DJ started playing music. Everyone in the area started dancing, especially Devin and friends. The first song that was playing was Pia Mia- "Do it again (featuring Chris Brown and Tyga)." Naomi, Jimmy Uso's wife, took the dance floor and started busting a move . During that moment a dance off occurred as Naomi was backed up by my sister and most of the ladies attending the rally. They faced-off against the guys who were led by our friend Jeff who again looked like had too much to drink . Of course it was a friendly competition as we all cheered. The dance off ended with Jeff pulling off The Worm and ending with a Spinaroonie. Tristan and I looked astonished as our eyes widenend.

"I didn't know he had it in him." Tristan says to me as sipped on his cup of water.

"Neither did I." James replied back.

The song had finished and everyone left the dancefloor for the time being. Coming in from the entrance, we had seen Gina and her dad enter the outdoor venue. I guess she decided to make my offer and perform in front of us today. I then placed my drink on the table right next to me. Tristan had handed me the speech he wrote as I neatly folded it into fours. Standing on the podium the guests stared at me as I didn't know what to expect from them. Tristan standing by the bar gave me a thumbs up for support.