ONE>> Finding A Perfect Husband For My Sister

***

The Better Half and Half

begins...

***

CHAPTER ONE | finding a perfect husband for my sister | CHOI HANEUL

───
──

After three months>>

I wish I could tell Molan there were good reasons to take a chance on marriage again.

1) It will help the couple to understand the marriage memes better.

2) You wear your husband's clothes more and start saving money.

3) You maintain the highest level of personal hygiene by waxing to the bones because there existed infinite chances of having sex anywhere.

4) More babies.

5) Contentment.

Er . . .

This would have been conducive only if Molan was ready to hear me out. My dear sister had shown no inclination toward the prospect of getting hitched lately. So, I knew I had to step into her dull life with angel wings to amend the definition of second marriage in her dictionary.

My eyes started burning from watching boys swarm everywhere. The lounge area that covered most of the widest areas indoors was chock full. Others resorted to beelining outside our grand mansion. All manner of voices stung in my ears as if I was distributing a stash of illegal drugs and everyone wanted it. Besides, the noise was just them asking for the application form and sweating to the insides.

Yes.

This session was held in an attempt to soften my sister's four-year-held belief of not marrying anyone. Of all the rich industrialists vying for her attention, I invited some of them through uploading Molan's profile on a matrimonial website.

"Here, take this." I smiled.

"Thank you," he stated through his teeth and bowed down; the button on his navel persisted the odds of his two-round-tube stomach.

"I think you stand a good chance to qualify for the second round." I winked in a friendly manner, eyeing his exceptionally stout body.

"You think so." He leaned in, disbelief palpable on his face.

"I know so," I declared confidently as I shrugged my one shoulder. Hands glided on the chair's arm as I slithered backward. So I proceeded with the most vital question, "By the way, what do you do?"

"I have three shops of bathroom ware in Itaewon, two in Seoul, and one has its grand opening date soon in Barcelona."

That's it. My smile reached my ears, with the profound happiness of meeting the man I had been hunting since eons ago. "Wow, that means you must have seen more money than kimchi on your eating table."

He nodded. "And you'd be delighted to know that this year's profit turnover has increased manifold times." Now it was his turn to hop in pride and all smiles.

"Oh! Excellent! I hope she chooses you." I was going to burst out of happiness. The man returned on his heels, utterly lost as he jostled with the other baffled aspirant. The sudden flush of emotions siphoned off my face as I struggled to catch my breath in front of a seventy-year-old, much-feared, dauntless Uncle Mojo darting through his thick-rimmed glasses.