THIRTEEN>> No time To Discuss The Deets

THIRTEEN | No time to discuss the deets| JUNG HOSEOK

────
───
──

Hoseok steered us across the lobby to a vacant room, adjacent to the stairs, while he bid his hand at every person roaming around, he radiated a rejuvenating smile. Uncle Mojo passed a silent stare and whispered, "You never told anyone at home that you dance, too."

"Well, cause ─" I gagged my mouth and canceled sharing that one of my boyfriends in California used to be an A-class dancer. He owed me this time.
"I don't like to show off, you know." Comically I imagined how true it was of a statement, for I hadn't revealed Taehyung as my boyfriend in front of any family member. So, yeah, I don't like to show off.

It was more like a gymnasium with the area so wide, that I could only see lilliputian figures near the lockers at the dead-end of the hall. The ceiling was a huge one, making the sounds of my shoes echo until it got absorbed by Hoseok's crinkling voice. "My dad knows you very well. Last night, he shared some anecdotes and I had a nice time."

"Oh really?" Uncle Mojo's slouchy cheek turned beetroot as he gingerly held the chair's back to make himself sit on it. The young man helped him by laying a hand respectfully on his shoulder and making sure it was comfortable for the man.

I noticed there was a bean bag and dark futon near me, and I was doubtful where to sit. Both the things were not so-viable for my skirt.

Hoseok understood my crisis and humbly placed a plushy cushion on one of the white folding chairs, and I directed a sweet smile at him. He rubbed the sweat pricking from his face from a towel and made a way out. "Excuse me for a minute. I'll refresh and come back."

From whatever I'd seen until now, I assumed him to be a very joyful and optimistic person. I pondered if he would become the man in Molan's life. It was pretty much within the bounds of possibility. Uncle Mojo nudged me out of my thoughts. "He owns this entire place? Gracious. The area covered by his building is two times more than our mansion's."

I interjected with suspicion, "This means our wealth meter is way below his? Are we poor?"

"No," he drawled outrightly and expounded at a revelation that he never thought would throw light on, especially with me countering him, "The Choi Resorts are the first choice of every tourist who visits South Korea. We are rich!"

I cluck my tongue mentally, as I was reminded again statically, that he wouldn't let any successful/unsuccessful businessman buzz around his renowned status. Just the very thought of anyone else taking a lead, poured creepy-crawlies over his body. He is sensitive to the loss in vitamin R, where R stood for a malicious disease called Richness Syndrome.

Uncle Mojo's pale lips folded in, and he pretended to maintain a normal composure. I, personally have had enough empirical information to accuse him of his unconditional love for wealth.

After a minute, Hoseok appeared, skin glowing in the warm light that seeped through the ventilation and touched his face. He was dressed in fresh clothes. Just as he sprawled his legs out like chicken wings, my eyes drifted at his man-spread unconsciously. I blinked and looked away.

"Everything okay?"

The reverberation gashed my ear into pieces until I realized that he was waiting for my answer. "Yeah, everything is in right place." I gulped hard and wrung my hands, fanning myself as I faked to focus on the ceiling. "Nice work. German design?"

"Uncle, you could have visited Dad at our bungalow, my family would have given you a grand welcome there and cooked some mouth-watering delicacies. Why did you choose to come all the way here?" He grabbed his knees and I saw how his muscles tensed and ripped from the holes of his tank top. Only when Hoseok's eyes mopped the floor.

"Oh, just by hearing it from you my belly's full. I have heard that your father is looking for a girl, for your marriage."

Hoseok's face flushed with variegated colors and he shied away from rubbing his forehead. "Y-yes he is. Do you have a girl in your sight?"

Triple-the-age-of-mine, my partner cocked his head and I initiate to cultivate the confidence to attract attention toward me. "Yes. It's my sister, Choi Molan."

He looked up and replied, biting his lips, "That's a sweet name."

"Yeah, she's sweet as sugar and everything nice," I uttered the line of the song, off-tuned. "She's an incredible daughter, sister, and a mother. . ."

In a flash, I was darted by two pairs of icy eyes. I coughed and rubbed my fingers against my forehead. "I'm feeling vertigo after dancing so hard. Please excuse my words."

Hoseok's unhinged jaw rose higher and higher until it got closed shut. I spelled sorry inaudibly as Uncle Mojo's blood froze over and he looked dead. "Molan is my younger brother's elder daughter. She's recently joined our business as a chairperson." Uncle Mojo silently played a senior card to grab his eyeballs.

"Oh, that will be interesting. I'd love to meet her," he piped, softly gazing at both of us.

Now, I realized it was my job's turn, "Yes. But you will have to pretend to do something meager for a living. She wants to marry a poor guy."

"Sorry?"

"Act like a poor guy."

He pushed back his chair as he got up, a pure shade of guilt displayed on his face, which made the two of us lift from our chairs quickly.

"No, sorry. I can't do this." We heard what we never wanted to hear.

"Son, she doesn't mean for the lifetime─" Uncle Mojo's attempt to interpret my sentence failed just like how his first candidate failed so damn miserably at the club.

"Still, that's a sin ─ keeping the woman who is about to become an essential part of your life in the shade. I can't. Sorry." That further prickled his mood, and he paced before our eyesight.

"Hoseok? Where are you going? What's wrong with playing a cupid to join two retracting forces? She could be the one, who knows?" I yelled and my voice stuck in my throat as I felt Uncle Mojo's hand on my arm.

"Let's go."

A/n

ARGHH! short update, please don't hate me. Let's talk about this Hoseok. Whose side you are on?

Jung Hoseok

vs

Uncle Mojo and Hanuel