TWENTY SEVEN>> Not All Surprises Are Good

TWENTY SEVEN | Not all surprises are good| JEON JUNGKOOK

────
───
──

"Hanuel, what are you doing here?"
Jimin hugged me in awe; his eye reflected his pure happiness. And when it was my chance to say a warm word in return for his birthday, Jungkook thrust the gift toward Jimin. "Man, I'm excited to see what's inside this."

I silently darted at the black-haired man who gave no fuck and sighed, "Can we leave now?" And when he did see me, his crooked smile made me look away with detesting intent.

"C'mon, not now. I'll introduce Hanuel to my amigos, and, well, open this in front of them." He grabbed my hand hastily and we went ahead in some separate area that was heavily surrounded by people. Jungkook followed me like an unassuming guard.

The streaks of purple lights emanated from the steeper stairs got my eyes, or else I would have punched everyone's face who pushed me to take a fall. Seriously, their social circle came in hundreds or multitudes; I couldn't breathe and see anything.

As we got on top, people dispersed but were very slow on their heeled toes. Thankfully, as I got my second shot at life, I was spellbound when my gaze met four more people, who were casually playing cards on the round table. One amongst whom had been in touch with me recently. My special bonding with him led his arms flung wide.

"Jin," I shouted out of excitement and he spun me twice as he took me in his cordial embrace.

"Hanuel-ah! Ah, what a pleasant surprise. I just couldn't believe it's you," he spoke in his characteristic jovial style, bending his head backward.

"Yeah . . . it's unbelievable."

"Hey, Hanuel." Next, bubbly Hoseok made a move and congratulated me after exchanging glances with Jungkook.

Then I saw Namjoon ensconced on the chair, with his perfectly ironed shirt and pants. He looked no different than his usual office days even on this informal occasion. "Okay, did Molan find her special one?"

"Hey, you know her." Yoongi's eyebrows raised under his silver bangs. "She's a hot piece in the market."

My eyes grew oceanic size until Jin jumped in with a typical brother-in-law jealously. "Hang on. You all, don't even dare take her name from your tipsy tongues. She's my woman. And very soon it will be out in a public announcement. But, I wonder how do you know her?"

"You know my friends, like each one of them, how come?" Jungkook whispered in my ear surreptitiously.

I rotated my head and fanned myself.  Jimin invited me to take a seat near him. "It's a four-chapter journey with each one of them. They will tell you. This cartwheeling has been so exciting and arduous at the same time that I fail to remember the deets."

Jungkook sat in front of me, rapt with his phone but at the same time judging my coziness with the troop.

A yell resounded in perfect harmony from Jimin and Hoseok's mouth, "What the hell JK? You seriously got Jimin a steering wheel cover."

Jimin shot at him, voice brimming like hot boiling water, "What's the point of coming here then? To eat the snacks at my expense?"