FOURTEEN>> The Sunset In The East

FOURTEEN | The sunset in the east| JUNG HOSOEK

────
───
──

"Hanuel-ah, let's go back home."

I, for one, couldn't dismiss the saddened prick in the elder's voice. He must have attached some hope to this man, after all, he showed his exceptionally passive and cheerful characteristics in front of us, and we hadn't been able to redeem ourselves from the shocking outrage of his. Like why he has to be so vulnerable at my words? It was a temporary act we had asked him to put up.

Anyway, I could feel how perilous hoseok's blunt remark could have been for Uncle Mojo's dilapidated heart as he was hesitant to face me. I loved him, despite our different perspectives on one topic.

I took him by his round shoulders, noticing his pace had slowed comparatively. We began to saunter to get down of the stairs when I heard Uncle Mojo's thick accent, "He was a bubbly boy."

I followed his line of sight and gawked at Hoseok perching on the wooden bench, outside of the classroom, looking like a little ball as if he was grappling with his consciences. There was no sound except for my escalated breathing. I pressed my hands firmly on his shoulders and told him to, "You go and sit in the car, by the time I fuel his brain and cause a combustion."

Then, I dashed off to him and coughed only to regret seeing his towering figure ready to consume mine. Next, I stole a cursory glance at him to gauge his behavioral pattern, "You talked quite sweetly to that old man, and in the next moment threw anger out on me as well. This didn't sit well for me? What are you? Are you some maniac who firstly mistreats elders and later on repents?"

He pursed his heart-shaped lips in a straight line and talked, avoiding making eye contact, "I'm not an ill-mannered boy. It's just, it's just."

"What?" I eyed him sympathetically as I noticed his dampened palms and the sides of his neck. "What's wrong with you? Do you need some water?" I instantly ran my gaze around and found a tumbler sitting with somebody's bag at the nook of the lobby.

I thrust it toward him and he would have hardly taken one full gulp of it. I whipped my head sideways to look

Water dripped from the corner of his mouth and he rubbed it off from his delicate fingers. "I was told this when I was barely five, that speaking a lie is a big, non-negotiable crime. And especially to your near and dear ones. She would never trust me at the moment I'd need her the most if she sticks to the fact that I acted like a poor guy only to woo her." His eyebrows danced as his throat constantly hiked up and down. "Pathetic."

"I know you are a God-fearing child. It's good. But, some obstinate people, like my sister, who is not ready to believe that marriage could be a blissful journey and not lifetime imprisonment with some boring inmate ───we have to help her. You have to help me. Help her." I closed my eyes and pointed at him testily, pretending to think hard. "Why is that my heart is pointing at you?" I crouched down as he crumbled on the see-saw type of seat, except that the wooden was highly polished. "I think you will open her eyes. You will be her sunshine."

I rubbed his knees in a friendly manner and stood up, sighing. "Hmm, I thought you would be my hope, Jhope. Anyways, all the best with your life. May you become a renowned dancer." I moved a wide step ahead only to backtrack and offer him my phone number. "In case, you change your mind. Save my number."