TWENTY EIGHT>> Love Me Like You Do

TWENTY EIGHT | Love me like you do| KIM TAEHYUNG

There was no point stating the obvious that I felt pain, freezing my bones as if I was lying on a skating rink all night. The contrasting warmth of the sunlight shimmered through the curtains and fell on the wooden floor like the dust of sparkles. But for me there wasn't a big difference between a day and a night, barring Jin who took a leave from his drama school to entertain me during the daytime.

After staying for two consecutive days at Jin's place, I was back at the mansion.

Choi Haneul, the name was enough to make any boy fall in love with me. The kind of attention I harbored wherever I went was phenomenal. But today, I felt close to losing that bubbly Hanuel, therefore, I stood at the patio with a fallen face.

I lifted my feet to proceed ahead and balanced on one foot as my mind and heart sent me mixed signals. I didn't want to return and see the happy faces because in return they would expect me to smile, hug and laugh. And I had no spare energy to comply with the tradition.

A voice ringed in my ear at a distance.

I snapped my head and glanced at  Molan dashing toward me in her high heels awkwardly. Her extremely enthusiastic hug crushed my bones completely. "I'm glad. You are fine Hanuel."

Uncle Mojo waddled, hands at the back, and a silent smile flaunting his arrogant aura. "I know she would be fine even if we leave her in hell."

I cracked a small smile but that was a genuine one. Seeing my family after the circumstantial crisis was great.

"Anyways, Hanuel. I have good news for you." She didn't have to say this, as her eyes were advertising her happiness. "I've shared this with Uncle Mojo earlier, and he's given his consent."

"Oh, that's good. But, what's the news?" Thankfully, I started to feel a little better after hearing this. Now, I had a strong reason to feel light since it was Molan smiling openly, a surreal smile. It was easier than I thought to get into the groove.

"Actually, I have met someone. He's a man close to my Mr. Perfect. Even you would be surprised to know about him. He's always been with me, and with us." Her beautiful yet nervous smile extended to the widest length.

I switched my gaze to Uncle Mojo, my forehead crunched and I nonchalantly uttered, "Are you talking about Kim Ju-"

"It's Kim Taehyung. Yes, you are right," she cut me short, and turned around with a steady head, bewitched by the young man's rustic charm. "I don't know what spell he has cast on me. That I can't control my emotions when I take his name, Taehyung. Yes, I'm in love with him. Hanuel, your sister is love!" She cupped my face and questioned with a frown, "Aren't you happy? After all, this is what you wanted? This is what everyone wanted."

Truth to be told, I didn't think about the promise I made to Jin about giving Molan's hand in his, but I felt like shit as I felt a knife plunged at my heart mercilessly. Multiple times.
"You mean to say that c-chauffeur . . . Kim Taehyung." I turned to face Uncle Mojo, my jaw tightened as I whispered, "You allowed?"

The elder fluttered his eyes helplessly at the sight of self-consumed Molan. "I have to Hanuel. I think that's the decision permitted by God. Look, we have tried to work things out in the weirdest possible ways, but nothing has happened so far. We hadn't had success with a single man out of six. On the positive note, you must be tired of running from post to pillar searching for a well-endowed groom? Now it's time for you to relax. And as per the promise made, tell me what's your wish? I shall fulfill it since you imparted your valuable time and mind in my plan."