Beep Test

Chapter 8

Slowly wiping away the remnants of blood from my skin with a dirty tissue, I turned on the tap and stepped in the shower.

It was the morning of the second week of school. Arden and I have kind of become like the rouge wolves of the school, people knew we were there and were cautious of us. If they came to close something would happen to them.

Washing the grime from my hair, and scraping as much of the headache as I could from my scalp I slowly and surely went through my shower routine before stepping out and drying myself in an orderly fashion.

Slipping on my fluffy bath robe, I grab a brush and step out of the bath room, digging my toes into the carpet as I walked, I felt a new pep in my step that I didn’t have before, today was going to be good.

Slipping into my clothes that I had planned out the night before; black skinny jeans that I rolled up at the bottom with a cute soft green sleeveless blouse with a peter-pan collar and a beige cardigan some random socks and my white doc-martens. Grabbing a cute tote which I used for putting my gym stuff in, I stuffed in my gym outfit. I decided to join track team like Arden suggested and I was excited. Try outs were today.

Quickly doing my make up and slipping on a few accessories. I grabbed Nate’s Obey snap back (which I stole from his room) and closed the lights, entering the kitchen where Arden, Nate and Dad were enjoying some freezer waffles.

My dad raised an eye and nodded with approval. I was focusing more on my looks today. I just felt like it.

“You look nice.” My dad commented, taking a disgustingly huge bite of his syrup-drenched waffles.

“Thanks, Excited for the tryouts!” I smiled and poured a healthy amount of syrup on my pancakes and plopping on the worlds supply of strawberries.

“Your not going to get in. Something tells me that head captain Lucy will do anything to keep you out of the squad.” Nate pointed his fork at me while talking with waffle mouth. “Isn’t that my hat?”

I raised my eyebrow. “I was talking about track, brother dearest.”

“oh, cool… That is my hat!” He said outraged.

“I’m just keeping it for the day, you’ll get it back.” I said calming him down with hand gestures and taking a bite of my waffles.

Arden was mysteriously quiet throughout the whole conversation. Observing the family life and eating waffles, invisibly.

“By the way we’re gonna drive Austin to school today” Nate decided to pipe in.

Austin was Nate’s Pedophile best friend. He smelt really bad all the time and I was pretty sure he did some sort of drug.

“Good for you, you have a friend. Here’s a gold star for effort” I said and made a motion of sticking a sticker on him by poking him in the chest with my thumb.

We finished up eating and made our way down to the car park and got into the car. Myself climbing into the drivers seat, plugging in the seat belt and starting the car.

 ~.~

Driving through the streets of New York is something that requires patience. I mean the pausing every two minuets because of traffic and cursing at random drivers for nearly killing you gets irritating. You need patience.

Austin lives basically on the other side of New York. So having to pick him up pissed me off.

“Hey there hot stuff, wanna ditch these losers and come inside with me.” Was the first thing Austin said when he got in the car. Typical Austin.