Wal-Mart Run in

I finished cleaning up the mess I made in the bathroom and carefully hid the clean blade under a pile of towels.

Officially the worst summer ever.

One- lost all the respect I’ve ever had in school in less than a week. Better yet that last week of school, so people would have the gossip fresh in their minds

Two- Parents, who we’re a perfect fit are divorced, already

Three- Little brother hates me

Four –Delinquent is  living in my house.

Oh the last one. My dad’s a really good lawyer and was fighting a case for this boy called Arden Warren. Has a ton of records that should have him locked up until he’s 78 but the government can’t because he’s only seventeen and thus underage. He’s an orphan, or so he say’s so he has no home and my dad being the kindest person alive took him under his wing.

It’s not like I have a problem with Arden but it’s a little strange having someone with more records than 10 average men put together. But we were cool relationship wise.

I decided to stay with my dad because honestly I couldn’t stand my mom anymore. She was going on and on about how I ruined my reputation and our reputation as a family by dating the dirty cheater. And being “best friends” with a hoe-bag.

In that final week of junior year Lucy got what she wanted. She replaced me as first ranked of the top three while I plummeted to the bottom of the social ladder. And some girl called Karen Bailey became rank 3 in the top three.

I changed myself this summer as well.

My usual blonde hair was dyed a really dark brown, nearly black. I started working out regularly as I had nothing to do seeing as my social life died along with my status so I was getting more muscle in my body, which was cool. You know, flinging off boys who didn’t throw them selves at me.

So anyway I was sat In the apartment I had always lived in, the one with the beautiful view of central park but my old preppy room looked less girly and more the new me. Darker and struggling.

Walls were purple, floor a cream carpet and it had more of a bohemian style to it. Simple but filled with artful decorations; all in all it was more me.

But anyway I was sitting on my desk working on a drawing I did, It was a drawing of my definition of flawed

In a way flawed had become my favorite word and the word I hated the most, It described me so powerfully now. Though a part of me resented that word because it was the complete opposite of what I knew.

“Hey, Kaya” I heard a voice in my room and it scared the crap out of me. I turned around to see Arden leaning against my doorframe.

“Holy crap Arden,  seriously scared me there” I said panting with my hand on my chest.

 Arden was basically gods gift to man. He was gorgeous, his body was strongly built and sturdy. His brown hair was basically shaved at the side and was longer at the crown. he had gorgeous green eyes and had a very rugged pretty boy look to him.

He chuckled “What do we need for school, might as well stock up.” He asked shoving his hands in his pockets.

Oh crap, school was tomorrow.

“You going now?” I asked him.

“Yeah, why.” He raised his eyebrow.

Let me tell you something about Arden, if his multiple records didn’t put me off, I would have the biggest crush on him, and right now I was the only person he knew in school, so he would have to stick with me for a while. Secretly it made me happy inside.

He had a case of pretty boy with a side of badass. Brown hair, Blue eyes. Perfection. He was just intimidating, but I could live with it.

“I need to stock up too.” I replied quickly grabbing my phone, not that anyone called or texted me, and my wallet.

“Kay, lets go.”

ღღ  ღ  ღღ ღ

“Okay, we’ll need some notebooks, pens, binder, highlighters, pencils, those expensive art pencils, probably some color pencils or pens and a pencil case, but that’s optional” I stated listing out everything while using my fingers to count how many thing we needed.

“So like A notebook or two and a pen or pencil.” He stated, rolling his eyes.

“I’m a girl, I need things” I said poking out my tongue going to the back to school section of Wal-Mart.

I picked out a cute black and white vintage patterned notebook and a bunch of pens, pencils, highlighters, etc. before turning to look at Arden.

He was leaning against the shelf of craft things with his arms crossed in front of him. He seemed to like leaning on things.

“You finally done” He asked. Looking seriously bored.

“Yes, c’mon lets go pay” I said pulling him a long.

Okay I know I said he intimidated me, but we were… friends. I don’t know but when the only contact to the teenage world is the delinquent in the room next to you, you get desperate.

As we stood in line I heard a very, very familiar voice.

“Oh well, look what we have here. Little miss Flawless, I see you’ve changed your look.” Lucy sneered in my direction, Tanners Large hand rested basically on her ass.

“Yeah, You like, I think its suites me” Ignoring the disgust in her voice.

“And who may this be” She said, putting on the charm while delicately pointing at Arden

“Arden Warren, I would say it’s nice to meet you, but I have a thing against skanks.” He retorted

She took a step back as if his words actually hurt her.

“Whatever” she said and turned and pulled Tanner out of the store with her.

I sighed and put two fingers to my temple, the sight of her literally gave me a headache

Arden gave me a look but proceeded to pay for everything and tugged me back to my car.