Prologue

No POV
In the city of atlas, two boys can be seen running through the alleyways, one of them 9 years old while the other is 8, both are wearing torn, tattered clothing, the oldest, thinking back on what led him there.

*Flashback*
A boy sits in his room with bruises and cuts surrounding his body from the beating he had taken moments before from his abusive father and older sisters Winter and Weiss.

Symon: do you need healing again?

Y/N: In a weakened and shaky voice yes please.

Symon, the small drone that has supported the boy since birth started to heal the bruises and cuts from earlier.

Then they heard the door open and Y/N flinches in fear of who it is, only for it to reveal the family butler Klein, the only one in the mansion besides his brother who did not beat him

Y/N flinches in fear of who it is, only for it to reveal the family butler Klein, the only one in the mansion besides his brother who did not beat him.

Klein: Are you alright master Y/N?

Y/N: In a more stable tone Oh, yes thank you Klein.

Klein: Thank heavens, i don't know what I'd do otherwise.

Y/N: Could you get Whitley for me, i must speak to him.

Klein: Of course master Y/N, I'll go fetch him right away.

As Klein closes the door and leaves, Symon looks to Y/N.

Symon: Are you sure about this?

Y/N: If i don't, the abuse won't stop until one of us is dead. We leave tonight, no matter where we go.

Symon: Where you go i go.

Just then a knock is heard at the door revealing Klein and a bruised and battered Whitley. Before any word could be spoken Y/N grabbed Whitley's hand and led him out of the mansion and into the streets of atlas.

*End Flashback*

Y/N's POV

I hadn't stopped running, my sides hurt and every part of my body is yelling for me to stop but i can't, not until Whitley is safe. I turn another corner and bump into something metal. It hurt.

Y/N: please don't hurt us we have no money

???:Now why would i hurt you?

The stranger said in a deep, soothing voice, i look up to see 3 strangers, 2 just looking at me with curiosity and the man i bumped into kneeling down and had blue skin, wait what? I look to my side to see Whitley on the ground panting, his feet bleeding. Octavia, his drone, started to heal them.

 Octavia, his drone, started to heal them

???2: Is that, a ghost?

???3: looks like one, and i love the ice, gives it a cold feel you know?

???: Cayde, your not helping the situation.

Cayde: yep, right, got it, ill just... Stay back here for now.

???2: are you lost child?

Y/N: no, me and my brother ran away from home after we were beaten for so long.

???2: that's terrible, my name is Ikora Rey, the bulky one is Zavala and the exo is Cayde-6, what are your names?

Y/N: my name is Y/N Schnee and this is my brother Whitley Schnee.

Ikora: if you have nowhere to go you could always come with us.

Zavala: Ikora, this is highly suspi-

Y/N: we'd love to ma'am!!

Ikora: great, come now, we have much to discuss.

Then 3 ships came down from the sky and the robot man grabbed my shoulder.

Cayde-6: Come on kid we ain't got all day, you're riding with me.

The ships ascended into space and were consumed by flashing streaks of light. That's all i see before my vision fades to black.