Training Days

No POV

The sound of metal hitting the floor can be heard in the halls of twilight gap.

Cayde-6: DAMMIT!! Petra makes this look so easy.

He tries to makes the knife levitate in his hand again only for it fall again.

Cayde-6: maybe I'll just stick to gun flips.

Cayde-6 POV

Ikora: CAYDE!!

I panick as i recall what i forgot to do today, wait, i haven't done anything today. I look at her and see one of the kids we picked up the other day.

Cayde-6: Ikora, listen, if it's about the glimmer i owe you, I'll get it to ya. Hunter's honor.

Ikora: we both know that means nothing, but I'm not here for that. Y/N here has something you might be interested in.

I blankly looked at the kid as he stood there nervously, then he reached for the sky and summons the golden gun. I shoot a look at Ikora and she faces me again.

Ikora: you can forget about the glimmer you owe me if you train this boy how to be a hunter.

Cayde-6: and if i don't?

Ikora: we'll settle your debt in the crucible.

Oh no.
I walk over to the kid, look him over and run the idea in my head.

Cayde-6: alright, I'll train this kid to be the best damn hunter this side of the system, well, besides me of course.

Ikora: i trust you'll do well.

Ikora then transmatted away and i waved her off, then i turn to the kid.

Cayde-6: Y/N right?

Y/N: yes sir.

Cayde-6: alright kid, rule #1, never call me 'sir', that's Zavala's thing. Just call me Cayde kid.

Y/N: okay, but what do we do now?

Cayde-6: you have your golden gun, but i think we should get you your arc staff or blade, whichever one.

Y/N: well how do we do that?

I look around the Twilight Gap for anything useful, ooohh, an uncovered power cable. ding ding ding.

Cayde-6: hey kid, come over here for a minute.

Whitley's POV

I haven't seen Y/N since we parted on the ships, but he should be fine, we ARE Schnees after all.

Ikora: Whitley!

Whitley: oh right, uhm, yes ma'am?

Ikora: since you are a warlock, your training will be handled by me.

Whitley: okay, but what about Y/N?

Ikora: (in a quiet tone) hopefully Cayde hasn't electrocuted him yet.

Whitley: What?

Ikora: i said we'll focus on learning each of the subclasses and what they do.

Whitley: oh alright.

Back on Remnant
Jacques POV

Both of those boys have been nothing but trouble from the start, now they pull a stunt like running away, I'd be panicking if i hadn't already alerted general Ironwood to look for him. But now what's left of my family is a trainwreck, my wife is now an alcoholic, Winter is spouting of nonsense of joining Atlas Academy in order to find Y/N and Whitley, and Weiss hasn't stopped crying in her room while holding an old family photo. When i find those boys I'll show them hell.

1 week later, The Tower.
Zavala POV

Zavala: Ikora, Cayde, how is the training going?

Ikora: Whitley has mastered the void, and i want him to unlock his sunsinger next.

Zavala: Cayde?

Cayde-6: well the kid's a good shot and has his arc blade with a mean swing.

Ikora: how did you get the arc energy for that to work?

*flashback*
Cayde-6 POV

Cayde-6: c'mon kid it was just 5k volts, we gotta get you that blade before the week's over!

Symon: Cayde, are you sure this is safe?

Cayde-6: yeah, psshh, pretty sure, we've just gotta keep going.

*flashback over*

Zavala POV

Cayde-6: through very legal and safe means i assure you.

Zavala: we'll deal with you later, but first we have a fallen problem in the cosmodrome.

Cayde-6: how big a problem?

Zavala: just 3 barons, why?

Cayde-6: we'll have the kids take care of it, 3 barons are nothing compared to that kid.

Ikora:Whitley's mastery of the void is impressive.

Zavala: only time will tell, until then I'll take them both to Amanda Holliday for vehicle acquisition.