america

Y/N AND SHINDO PRANCED OUT OF the airport, rolling their suitcases behind them excitedly

Y/N AND SHINDO PRANCED OUT OF the airport, rolling their suitcases behind them excitedly. They gasped in unison. "AMERICA!!"

"It looks exactly like Japan." Tsukishima mumbled, grabbing Shindo by the collar to calm him down. "Now stop yelling, we're getting weird stares."

Shindo whined, slouching. "Okaaaaay."

"Uncle Hashimada! Where do we go?" Y/n turned to her uncle, him and the rest of the employees exiting the airport and into the hot summer heat.

"Well have to take taxis in groups of four to our hotel. One person will ride with me." Hashimada reached into his pocket, pulling out a few sticky notes. "Whoever has the best English, tell the driver to take you to this location."

Hashimada handed y/n a sticky note, her, Shindo, Maki, and Tsukishima looking over her shoulder to read the writing. "...Oh, it's an address and the name of the hotel...Wanna ride together? Us four?" Shindo asked, turning to y/n.

"Mhm! I'm good with that...Tsukishima, call a cab and ask them to take us here!" Y/n turned behind her, pushing the sticky note into his chest.

He grunted as her hand slammed into him, him snatching the note from her. "Next time you ask me to do something without saying please..." He whispered irritably, walking to the edge of the sidewalk.

After about 3 minutes, a cab pulled over, rolling down the passenger window. Tsukishima leaned down, clearing his throat. "Uh...Can you take us to... 55 Church St...The...Hilton Hotel?"

The cab driver nodded, giving a kind smile. "Foreigners, I see! Hop in."

Tsukishima turned back to the group, pointing to the back door. "In."

"Awwwww Tsukki!! Your English sounds adorable!!" Shindo teased, pinching his friends cheek.

Tsukishima shoved him off him, walking to the trunk of the cab to put up their luggage. "Shut up."

"It's really good, Tsukishima! I wouldn't even be able to tell you were a foreigner!" Maki complimented, patting him on the shoulder.

Tsukishima then turned to y/n, who was staring at him in a weird way. As soon as he made eye contact with her, she choked, whipping around to hide her flustered face.

Tsukishima smirked. "Ew, y/n, we're you just blushing? Did you find my English cute?—"

"No you idiot! You sounded stupid!" She shouted through the palm of her hand, hiding her embarrassed expression.

. . .

"WOAAAAAHHH! AWESOME!!!" Y/n and Shindo looked out the window of the cab, their faces practically pressed against the window. "AMERI—"

"Scream America again, and I will throw you out of this cab." Tsukishima hissed, turning in the passenger seat and glaring at the two friends.

Shindo and y/n slouched in their seats again, crossing their arms over their chests. "...Party pooper." Shindo pouted.

"Look guys." Maki reached the phone to the middle, allowing both y/n and Shindo to see. "When we finish the conventions and conferences we have, we can go sight seeing! Like in Time Square!"

"Woahhhhhhhh" They awed, them staring at the different pictures of attractions in the city.

"How long is this whole convention thing, anyway?" Y/n turned to Maki.

"It's tomorrow and the next day. Then Wednesday and Thursday are free days, and we leave Friday morning."

"Your uncle is so cool, y/n! We get 2 days off!" Shindo beamed, bouncing up and down in his seat with excitement.

"I know, cool-ness runs in our blood!" She flipped her hair, basking in Shindo's praise.

. . .

After settling into their rooms, unpacking and unwinding, the night had finally arrived. It was about 9 pm, and due to the jet lag and the excessive amount of naps she took on the plane, y/n was way too energetic to sleep.

So she stopped by the bar on the first floor, ordered a champagne, and made her way to the roof. On the roof was an opening lounge area, fairy lights hanging from pole to pole, flowers decorating the garden, and soft couches and lounge chairs scattered around.

As she stepped outside, it was humid and warm, the weather hotter than Japan. There weren't very many people on the roof, but there was a certain head of hair that she recognized...

"...Boo." She whispered, leaning over the couch.

Tsukishima lightly jumped, sighing in annoyance.
"What do you want?"

"Why are you up here?" She asked as she walked around the sofa and sat next to him, leaning over and looking at his computer.

"Work. Duh."

"Huh? We're on vacay, and you're still doing work?"

"It's kind of my job." He snarled, closing his laptop and setting it in front of the small table in front of him.

Y/n lightly blinked, before taking a sip of her champagne. ...Weirdo...He works too hard.

Tsukishima turned to her, eyeing as the pink-toned alcohol swam past her lips and down her throat. "...You're drinking already?"

"Hm? Mm." She hummed, swallowing her drink and setting the base of the glass on her thigh. "American champagne is kinda good. Try some." She offered the cup to him, but he shook his head.

"I'll pass...This is weird." Tsukishima admitted, making y/n lift her eyebrows.

"What is?"

"You and I just talking...Like...we aren't arguing, or competing...just talking..."

Y/n's lashes fluttered with confusion, as if the words he said were still processing in her brain. She suddenly slapped her hand over her mouth, whipping her head in the opposite direction. "I think I'm just really drunk!!"

"Your glass isn't even half empty!" Tsukishima retorted.

He's right...I'm talking to him so casually now...because...because...

I'm taking interest in him.

Y/n them whipped back around to Tsukishima, him slightly jerking back. "Insult me!!"

"...What?"

"Insult me!! Roast me!! Make me despise you again!"

"...Are you saying you don't despise me anymore?"

"No, I still can't stand you, but I need us to go back to hating each other so much, that we couldn't even look each other in the eyes!!"

Tsukishima's shoulders dropped. "...You sound so utterly stupid right now. You really don't want us to be friends that bad?" He chuckled, enjoying seeing her so panicked.

"It's not just that, I don't wanna fall—" Her lips instantly shut tight.

Tsukishima's widened. "...You don't wanna what?"

"GOODNIGHT!" She hissed, jumping up from her seat and taking her champagne with her. "You're so annoying!!!"

Tsukishima watched as she stomped off the roof. "...Stage one, denial." He smirked.