Part 21

'...' Telepathy

'...' Thoughts

"..." Talking

____________________________________________________________________________

~Ambrosine's POV~

After Lily patched us up, I went back to the Emerald palace and Chris was already present. "Nowadays you come quite quickly," I comment, making Chris roll his eyes. "I've always come at this time now shut up and tell me what you wanna do," he said.

"But if I shut up then how can I tell you what I wanna do?"

"How should I know?"

"You're the one who said it,"

"Fine it was my fault Your Highness! Now would you be so kind as to tell me what you wanna do today?" Chris raised both of his hands in defense and looked kind of irritated.

"Let's go to our regular spot," I answer and head towards the entrance with Chris in tow, "By the way, you look more bashed up then usual," he pointed out, staring at the eyepatch over my eye. "Three words: Sparring with Felix," I answer.

Once we reached the tree, we climbed it and sat a little bit away from the treehouse that Claude made for us as a shelter if it ever started raining, it also had food and drinks along with books inside it. "Isn't your debutante coming up?" Chris spoke first and I nod in response, "Did you think about who would be your first dance?" He said, not taking his eyes off of his book.

"I want to ask Dad to be my escort and with my first dance, Felix will be my second and you can be my third," I answer, laying down on my branch that was above the one Chris was sitting on. "And if Athy also wants Dad as her escort and first dance, then maybe I'll dance with him after he finishes his dance with Athy and maybe he can escort the both of us at once," I finish.

"Your debutante is a few months from now and you already have everything planned out huh?" Chris scoffed playfully while I just chuckle in response. Suddenly, something in my mind was nagging that I forgot something, 'What is this feeling? I'm pretty sure I didn't forge-CHRIS'S BIRTHDAY IS IN THREE DAYS!' I mentally beat myself up getting up and carefully heading into the treehouse.

Once inside, I rummaged through the shelves and finally found the notepad on which I draw everything that comes to mind, I took a pencil and eraser and exited the treehouse before I sat down on the exact same branch as before. Since Chris wears earrings, rings and sometimes necklaces, I decided to design an earring for only one ear and a matching ring and then I will tell someone to have it made by the day after tomorrow. I immediately got to work and glanced at Chris every few minutes to make sure that he wouldn't try to sneak a peek at what I'm doing.

After about an hour or two of trying to come up with the perfect design and color, I finally got it. The sun was about to set and I'm sure Lily will explode with worry if I stay out any longer. "The sun is setting, we should go back now," Chris voiced my thoughts, "Yeah so let's go," I jump down from my branch and land softly on the ground and Chris follows.

"The last one back is a piece of cow shit!" I was already running towards the Emerald palace when I yelled this, Chris immediately fastened his pace and in a few seconds, he was hot on my heels. He tried to grab my collar and yank me back a few times but I kept dodging it and in return, I tried to kick his shin but he kept moving away. And that was literally how the entire trip back to the Emerald palace went like.

When I reached the palace, I saw Carter there and he looked excited, "What are you doing here?" Chris asked his brother, "Well, since I will be leaving tomorrow for some important work, I wanted to spend some time with you before I get busy again so can I take Chris back now Your Highness?" Carter asked and simply pushed Chris towards him and gave him a grin. Carter nodded before bowing and grabbing Chris's hand and walking away.

I went inside and the first thing I did was give Lily the paper that had the drawing of Chris' birthday present and telling her to have it made before he comes over, Lily nodded and said that it'll be done before slipping the page into her pocket and telling me that Felix was waiting outside for Athy and me as Claude said that we will have dinner together today.