Preview of what happened after Elliot's death

A/N: Couldn't think of a better title sorry. 

And this was requested by Aiko_Etsuko

And I don't know much about how people arrange a funeral so please tell me if I make a mistake.

And Ray is the name of Elliot's father if you didn't know.

________________________________________________________________________________

~Third POV~

"Miss! I'm sorry for being late! I somehow overslept!" A maid exclaimed, barging into the room of the young lady, who had been killed by her brother just mere hours ago. Upon setting her eyes on the body of her master, the maid let out an ear-piercing scream, stumbling backwards in shock.

The lively girl who used to be energetic all day long was now lifelessly laying in her bed. Her silky black hair spread out around her and her dull blue eyes wide open. Her white nightgown and bedsheets were dyed red with her own blood.

The maid's screams alerted the whole house and everyone came barging into the room. A lot of maids fainted as soon as their eyes landed on the body and others were frozen with shock, including the victim's father. Her brother, however, was unbothered by this but just for the sake of his image, he feigned shock and started crying, begging God to bring his precious sister back.

But the tears of her father were no joke, he was genuinely crying for the loss of his daughter, whom he secretly adored but never showed so as to not spoil her. And this was also the reason why he had made her compete against her brother, the boy who craved for attention and fame.

He would have given her the seat of CEO if it wasn't for the media, who would use any information they could get their hands on to torment him. So if he had given her the seat with no competition, others would have said that he's biased and that he neglects his son, and that would have had an effect on his reputation and business.

He snapped his head towards his son, just in time to see him smirk behind his hand before continuing his crying. 'It was Edward,' was the only thought that went through his mind at that time. He decided to deal with it later, when the time is more fitting.

He wiped his tears and ordered his servants to call the best funeral home in the country and tell them to arrange an extravagant place for the funeral of his daughter. He then ordered the maids to clean the blood off of the body and to change her clothes into new ones.

~Time skip to after the funeral~

Running his hands through his black hair, Ray sighed and slumped back in his chair. He looked out the window and the orange color of the sky reminded him of his son's ginger hair, making his blood boil with anger.

"You bastard, if attention is what you want then attention is what you'll get," he breathed out through gritted teeth. He shot up from his chair and walked out of his office. Walking at a fast pace, he soon reached his son's chambers and instead of knocking, he angrily barged into the room, startling Edward, who was telling his lover, who was equally as greedy as him, about how he was going to be the next CEO.

Ray charged forward and grabbed him by the collar, pulling him up from his seat.

"I'm gonna ask you some questions and you will answer them honestly, or I'm gonna shoot you dead, do you get that?" His tone was that of a predator, and Edward was the prey, who had no choice but to obey, so he hesitantly nodded.

Ray let go of his collar, making him fall back on his chair before pulling out a gun from his pocket and pointing it at Edward. "Did you kill Elliot? Yes or no?" He got straight to the point, shocking Edward, who stayed quiet for a few seconds, hesitating whether to tell the truth or not.

"Five..." He heard his father counting and understood that this man before him won't think twice about killing him, "Y-yes," he nodded, closing his eyes.

Ray cocked his gun and was ready to shoot but he calmed himself down by taking a deep breath. "Do you know why I made both of you compete?" He asked, his tone unchanging. Edward shook his head but he didn't dare look up.

"That's because I loved Elliot, more than I ever loved you, and I would've given her the seat of CEO without any competition but I couldn't," Ray's words pierced through Edward's heart, making him shoot his head up, eyes wide in disbelief but what he saw on his father's face hurt him even more, a fond smile played at Ray's lips, but it was not directed towards him, no, rather it was directed for the girl that he had killed with his own hands.

"B-but why?" He stuttered out, "Why would you love her over me?" His voice was filled with pain, and his eyes were brimming with tears. "That's because you're not my son," his father's voice was filled with contempt. "W-what?" Edward was confused beyond explanation. He had lived with this man his whole life, how could they not be related?

"You're mother was my distant relative who didn't have enough money to fend for both you and herself and she eventually died from a sickness. And since I was the only rich one among our relatives who still didn't have a kid, I was given the responsibility to raise you. And it seems like I did a bad job, because I raised an attention seeking bastard," after saying this, Ray turned around and walked out of the room, and locked the door from outside.

Edward was so shocked by all this information that he sat wide-eyed for five minutes straight, but when he realized what had happened, he immediately shot up and started banging on the door, yelling for him to be let out, he hadn't even had his dinner yet.

But it was all for naught, nobody opened the door for him that night and he fell asleep with an empty stomach and a tear-stained face.

The following morning, Edward was woken up by his bedroom door slamming open, he looked towards the door and saw two policemen standing there. His heartbeat started speeding up and he jumped out of bed, ready to run but the policemen caught him and cuffed him, dragging him all the way out of the house while he desperately tried to fight against them but to no avail.

When he got out of the house, he saw a crowd of hundreds and hundreds of people, all there to witness him getting arrested. Edward was ashamed and filled with regret when he caught sight of his father, no, uncle. Edward looked at him with pleading eyes, but he was only greeted with a glare.

He was taken to court and was sentenced to death. And what's worse is that, Ray had arranged at least a hundred people to attend his execution and all of them were insulting him and looking at him with disgust. Some even threw stones and eggs at him. At last, he was hung and all the people cheered.