1. Brothers x Brothers

The sound of qin echoed around the greens of trees and streams of water around the cloud recesses.

A man in white robes with cloud patterns with a white headband opened his light golden eyes slowly. He gave an approving nod to the person in front of him.

The other person has beautiful shoulder blades accompanied by a heroic aura. He said, "Xiong Zhang, what do you think?"

"Good. You need to practice a little more. The white cloth sword is a high-level spiritual weapon left by great grandmaster Ye Bay yi. It is not that easy to tame it but you are improving" Lan Wangji spoke in a calm voice. That is the longest sentence he has spoken after he came out of secluded meditation in three months.

Zhou Zhishu's face lit like thousands of lanterns on lantern festival. Getting such a compliment from his elder brother Lan Wangji is not a simple thing for him. 

Though Lan Wangji and Zhou Zhishu are blood brothers they have different surnames. This is because Lan Wangji's father wanted to respect his wife's lineage. She is from four seasons manor, later joined the window of heaven, an assassin organization. She came to assassinate one of Lan Wangji's father's teachers where he fell in love with her and eventually married her giving birth to three children. The eldest one being Lan Xichen, second, being Lan Wangji. During the third birth his wife died, hence Lan Wangji's father named the third child Zhou instead of Lan in her commemoration. Though Lan Qiren, Lan Wangji's uncle is not happy with it, he couldn't say no to his elder brother.

Speaking of Lan Qiren, Wangji and Zishu have been summoned by him.

"Wangji, Zhishu you know that Xichen is busy with tending some matters at the unclean realm. So I need you both to go to Yunmeng to participate in the Hero's conference on behalf of your brother"

Getting orders from their uncle, Wangji and Zhishu left for Yunmeng at once.

Yunmeng is a southern province lively and buzzy, unlike cloud recesses which is calm and serene. Two young men sat across each other on the second floor of an inn with an open view of the street. One is devouring his wine as if it is the last bottle of wine on the earth while the other is keenly listening to the poetry fanning himself slowly.

"Aya, A-xing, that Jiang chang such a lucky bastard. He gets to spend time with Gu Xiang while here we are stuck here with receiving guests for Hero's conference" Wei Wuxian whined as the wine in his bottle is finished.

"Brother Wuxian, do we have any say in it? It's Madam Yu's orders. Such being the case why don't we have some fun with our guests?" Wen kixing had a teasing smile on his face.

Wei Wuxian and Wen kixing are adopted by Yunmeng clan leader. Though not brothers by blood they are brothers in the heart by all means. One is master of mischief while the other is master of flirting.

"You are right, I heard two beauties are arriving from cloud recesses. They should be here anytime" right at that time, Wei Wu Xian's eyes laid on a heavenly beauty with a white sword and a qin on his back. 

He looked like a clear piece of jade, so pure and pristine. Wuxian's lips curled up in a mischievous smile as he created a paper flower man and the paper flower man floated around directly landing on the headband of Lan Wangji.

At the same time, Wen ki xing's eyes caught a beauty passing by in light-colored robes, he looked too pretty for a man, his heart skipped a beat. He fanned himself slowly "Steps like snow in the wind, shoulder blades sharper than Suibian..."

Wei Wuxian was nodding his head in approval on the side at Kexing's poetic words. 

Wen kixing continued "Eyes darker than the night sky.."

Wei Wuxian turned his head "Darker? They are light gold" he spoke involuntarily.

The brothers looked at each other and laughed.

****

Hi guys! Please let me know your thoughts and comments. Also please note that this is just a side project of more aside from my main works, So there might be many typos and mistakes so hope you all forgive me in advance. Have a good read <3 LK