18. Burn to ashes

"Jin Guangshan, how do you explain this? You said the amulet has been stolen but these puppets have amulet trace and they only attacked us, not you and your jin clan which means only one thing you are their master" Jiang Fengman asked.

"No I don't have anything to do with them believe me" Jin Guangshan pleaded innocence "It must be...it must be this wen clan bastard and the servant son" he pointed at Wen Kexing and Wei Wuxian.

Jiang cheng's face turned sour "How dare you to blame my brothers again, I'll see your end today" Jiang chang summoned Jidian.

"A-cheng today is your wedding, don't spoil your mood for a filth like him" Wen Kexing stopped Jiang chang as he smiled at Wei Wuxian.

"Now things have come to this looks like we can't wait anymore" Wei Wuxian looked at Lan Wangji and Zhishu. 

Zhou Zhishu nodded as he poured spiritual energy into the sky for a potrayal array.

Lan Wangji stood by to keep an eye on Wuxian who entered empathy.

The scenes which were displayed in the sky soon created dismay and disbelief among the rest.

"This...this...Jin Guangshan!! you said all the Wen clan people died in the great fire but you've caused it to cover up the fact that you've abducted the went clan remnants and used the amulet for demonic cultivation on them, you're really despicable" Nie Mingjue roared and at the same time, he looked pitifully towards Ke-xing. 

The crowd followed the suit.

Here Lan Wangji helped Wei Wuxian to come out of the empathy.

"I am innocent...somebody' is trying to frame me. I agree those were the Jin clan cultivators in the array practicing demonic cultivation but that doesn't prove anything. I don't know about this, I have never ordered them to do it" Jin Guangshan shed crocodile tears.

"If you the clan leader didn't order it how come they can act so boldly? It is impossible" Jiang cheng cut in to which a series of heads nodded.

"No, I really don't know anything...it must be...it must be" he turned towards Meng Yao and held his collar "It must be him who ordered the cultivators without my knowledge". 

Jin Guangshan knows Meng Yao would do anything for his father's approval and so he did. He was ready to take the blame instead of him. A slightly satisfied smile appeared on Jin Guangshan's face.

But the smile didn't last as a middle-aged elegant-looking lady suddenly fell to her knees. She is Meng Yao's future mother in law, wife of late clan leader Yao.

"Don't believe this snake's words" she wailed to everyone's surprise.

"You..." Jin Guangshan roared maliciously as he approached her.

All of sudden Lan Wangji came in between and sharply unsheathed Bichen "let her talk" his cold face became colder sending shivers down Jin Guangshan's spine.

"This Jin Guangshan is much worse of a person than you all think." she talked with great difficulty in between sobs.  

Zhishu offered a kerchief to her "Please compose yourself madam" he comforted her.

She cleared off the tears with the kerchief and continued "You all know that after my husband passed away, Jin Guangshan proposed marriage between my daughter A-Su and his son Meng Yao."

"We all know that" Nie mingjue nodded his head.

"But this is a marriage that should never take place." She wailed again.

"Why so?" Nie Mingjue asked. 

"Meng Yao and A-Su are...are siblings" she wailed once again. 

"What what...???" Mengyao felt like his entire world has turned upside down. This time crowd is noisier than ever as well.

The lady patted her cheeks with the kerchief to control her grief.

"You all know that my late husband and Jin Guangshan had always had a good relationship. A few years ago he attended a banquet at our Yao clan and everyone was quite drunk. At that time this lecher laid his eyes on me and forced himself onto me. I, a weak woman couldn't resist. As a result, I conceived A-Su. I kept that secret to myself all those years till this lecher came to us wanting to spoil my daughter's life too. Soon after my husband passed away he proposed the marriage between Meng Yao and A-Su to gain control over our Yao clan. I visited him one day and explained that A-su is his daughter and he should break the marriage. But he is very greedy and said no matter what this marriage shall take place for his footing in our Yao clan." the noble lady cried rivers of tears pitifully.

"You human filth" Nie mingjue's body became as red as blood as Baxia vigorously struggled to leave the scabbard. 

Jin Zixuan froze at the spot like an ice statue. His father who always spoiled him and was good to him is actually such a heartless person? He turned his head not even wanting to look at him.

Meng Yao's blood boiled. He did everything he could for his father's approval all these years. But to his father, he is nothing but a pawn in his plan and dared to do this to him. 

He gritted his teeth and came forward with a decisive tone "I apologize for not talking before but I had doubts about the amulet disappearance and now I can confirm that it is done by my father, please punish him" he kowtowed. If his father doesn't care for him why should he? He just added fuel to the fire hoping his father would burn to ashes in it.