2. Cherry wine

In an instant Wei Wuxian and Wen Kexing used their levitation skills to jump from one  rooftop to other in the hope of pursuing  the two beauties they have encountered earlier. To their surprise, they lost track of them after a while in an isolated alleyway.

"Wuxian-ge those two really possess some impressive skills, they have escaped successfully on our watch. Anyways Fate shall bring us together again " Kexing's eye smile was peeking behind his unfolded fan.

All of sudden Wuxian felt something  is not right. He quickly pulled out Suibian and twirled around. Suibian cut through  a thin white wave which was about  to surround  them. Wuxian's dimples  widened as he said "Interesting..."

In a second a number of white waves are making  their way towards them. Wuxian got tired of blocking the attacks with suibian and pulled out chenqing. The nodes of changing mingled with the vibrations from the zither as it is a well collaborated duet, each sentence complimenting the other as the black waves are canceling  the white ones.

Finally  the person  behind the white waves appeared in front of Wuxian. He looked like a fairy landed on the rooftop.  But his demeanor  is nothing like a fairy, eyes cold filled with murderous aura. Wangji landed elegantly on the rooftop as his guqin is infront of him dangling  in the mid air. "Why are you following us?"

"Why would a man follow a beauty?" Wuxian quickly tucked in chenqing as he took a step towards Wangji, his lips curved up in a bright grin.

Wangji took two steps back.

Wuxian didn't  mind it or didn't  seem to mind it and took one step towards Wangji, "From your clothes it is evident you are from Lan clan, can this Lan gongzi give me the honor of knowing his name?"

Wangji spoke in a deep low voice "First answer my question, why are you following us?"

Wuxian this time took one more step towards Wangji "To give you this" he extend the jar of wine in his hands. "I'm  Wei Wuxian, head disciple of Yu..."

Wangji spoke harshly "Stop joking, if you don't answer properly..." he laid his hands on the guqin and plucked a string  which formed a barrier separating Weying from him.

"Hmph, Lan gongzi is very cold. I even introduced myself, we are no strangers now yet you put a barrier between us." He pulled out chenqing and played a few nodes. With that, a black energy surrounded wangji trying  to break his barrier. With a proud smile on his face Wuxian  gulped a sip of the wine in his hand.

Wangji didn't  take it quite well. He played a few more nodes on the guqin and not just clearing  out the Wuxian's black energy, one of the white waves took a shape of a pellet and shot right thorough the wine jar making some of the wine spill on Wuxian and rest to the ground.

"Lan gongzi!!!" Wei Wuxian's  face turned red.

Meanwhile ke-xing already jumped off from the roof top almost at the same time wangji landed there. The reason  behind this is he caught the scent  of the person   hiding behind the cherry blossom tree as if waiting for a chance to attack.

But instead Zhou Zishu was encountered with a fan coming  towards him with such a force that one could feel its killer aura from miles. As if the fan has recognized  who it is, not only the speed that its coming  towards Zhishu changed but it's  direction also changed to a little  higher altitude cutting  through  the cheery blossoms on top of Zhishu. Zhishu was drained in cheery blossom petals all of a sudden. Between the soft and smooth flower petals there stood a beauty who is neither soft nor smooth but had a cold face. He shook off the flowers on top of his head, his shoulders.

"Beauty under the blossoms, charming  like the cherries, fragile like the flowers..." before Wen ke xing  finished  his words a sharp sword curved around his neck.

"White cloth sword? " Wen Kexing's  eyes widened  as a mischievous  smile  creeped  over his lips. But that didn't stop him from gripping  the edge of the sword with his fingers and with a little bit of spiritual  energy  he managed to twist it making his opponent lose his balance. But Zhishu didn't fall contradictingly he levitated at once.

Wen Kexing was impressed by his defense and in a moment his fan surrounded Zhishu followed by kexing himself. As the white cloth sword and the elegant bamboo fan are twirling around each other their owners exchanged several moves. Zishu got tired of Kexing's  tricks and flew over the rooftop where Wangji was there. Naturally  kexing followed him with a smile on his face.

Two pairs of handsome men faced each other. Sparks flew though it is not new years yet, thousands of lights lit though it is not time for the lantern festival yet.

Zhishu exchanged a glance with wangji and he drew out his sword as Wangji unsheathed Bichen.

Wei wuxian drew out suibian while lazily yawning and wen kexing got ready with glazed armor sword with an alluring smile.

As the four pair of swords about to cross each other a flash of purple lightning marked the end of the fight even before it started.
****

Hope you're  enjoying the story so far! Let me know your thoughts guys! <3 LK