19. Aftermath

"Jin Guangshan is such a despicable human being! He shall be punished before he commits more atrocities" the cultivators on the side unified.

Jin Guangshan saw that the situation is not in his favor and it will be difficult for him to escape from here. He sneakily levitated and got hold of Gu Xiang. He wrapped a killer string around Gu Xiang's throat, "You all go back, otherwise, it would be her death anniversary instead of the wedding" he spoke maliciously. 

"Jin Guangshan!!" Jiang cheng gnashed taking a step forward. 

Jin Guangshan tightened the killer string over Gu Xiang's neck. 

Wuxian's grip tightened over Suibian, so as Lan Wangji's on Bichen, Zhishu's on his white cloth sword and Kexing's on his glazed armor sword.

Amidst the chaos, a lady laughed as if she is watching a funny thing. It is Madam Yu. She clapped her hands "Jin Guangshan, you really think that this violet spider's disciple is that weak?"

Gu Xiang gave a mocking smile as she took two pins from her guan and pinned them through Jin Guangshan's wrist making him lose the grip over the killer string. She flipped at once and levitated and landed a kick onto Jin Guangshan's stomach. Jin Guangshan was taken over by surprise that he couldn't believe his empty hand's from which Gu Xiang sneakily escaped. Gu Xiang folded the killer string and held it as if it is a whip. She circled it in the air once and trapped Jin Guangshan in between the layers of string as she locked his meridians with her palms. Finally, she landed a punch to his stomach that Jin Guangshan threw up a mouthful of blood.

After that, Gu Xiang levitated down as Jiang cheng ran up to her and embraced her tightly in his arms.

Madam Yu smiled proudly. 

All the cultivators were surprised at Gu Xiang's skills and their mouths hung open. After all, she's is the well-appreciated disciple of the violet spider for nothing and this made the people shut up who previously felt that it is such a loss for Jiang cheng to marry her. 

The whole venue suddenly flashed white and shook at once as if there was a small earthquake. Everyone's attention turned towards the sky as they saw a white-clothed Taoist with four pieces of yin iron and the stygian tiger amulet revolving around him in the air.

He landed down gracefully near Jin Guangshan. With a flick of a finger, he took away the Jin Guangshan's cultivation and flew into the sky with the yin iron and amulet. After a while, black energy flashed somewhere far in the sky and disappeared soon.

"He is grandmaster Ye Bai Yi" Wangji gave an explanation to the crowd with questioning faces.

"We wouldn't be having any more problems with the yin iron anymore" Kexing smiled. 

Jin Guangshan has been dragged away on the orders of Nie Mingjue and thrown into a dungeon and after the commotion has settled down the wedding has taken place as planned. 

The evening skies of Yunmneg looked lovely erasing all the traces of the chaos that occurred in the morning. 

A cultivator in black robes played his flute gracefully for a while before opening his eyes "The tiger amulet has been really destroyed, Chenqing cannot feel its trace", Wei Wuxian announced. 

"How did that old monster get hold of the amulet after all?" Kexing expressed his doubt. 

"It must be the other party who handed over the amulet. Think about it, first the other party created chaos in the cultivation world and grabbed our attention, and led us to Dafan shan. Then used us to reveal Jin Guangshan's deeds regarding the Wen clan but it's the arrival of the puppets that really supported our accusations and evidence further. But Meng Yao was ready to take the blame and then Yao furen talked about the truth behind A-Su. This broke the trust between Jin Guangshan and Meng Yao and he confessed his father is using the tiger amulet. Since now his purpose is fulfilled he doesn't need the amulet anymore." Wuxian explained. 

"But don't you think what Meng Yao confessed is right and it was really Jin Guangshan who has created chaos in the Nie clan and responsible for puppets in Longyuan cabinet?" Zhishu asked.

"No, when the puppets arrived Jin Guangshan is as surprised as the rest and he was genuinely confused why the puppets didn't attack Jin clan? Meng Yao must have told that to put Jin Guangshan on the spot. Further, Xiongzhang verified the absence of amulet from Jin clan's treasury. I am sure like we expected there is some other party involved." Wangji explained.

"Lan gongzi and Xian-ge is right. Otherwise, why did Yao furen chose to speak the truth today which she held in all this time after Meng Yao and Su Gunya's marriage is fixed? Unless someone supported her? It's such a pity, in the end, we didn't get to know who it is, do you think we can find him?" Ke-xing asked.

"I don't think so he is gone for good. He handed over the amulet to grandmaster Ye Bai Yi secretly which means he did all these things only for exposing Jin Guangshan and had no other ulterior motives" Zhishu spoke.

As the four people are seriously discussing the aftermath of the events, a Lan clan messenger butterfly appeared.

"What is it Lan Zhan?" Wuxian asked curiously.

"Our sister-in-law gave birth to a boy," Wangji answered calmly as if it isn't something one shouldn't be rolling down in the ground with happiness. One couldn't help but appreciate his cold face in front of anything. 

"Does that mean Zewu Jun became a father?" Wuxian jumped excitedly.

"Mhm" Wangji looked at him softly before tuning towards Zhishu. "Uncle wants us to start for cloud recesses tomorrow morning to celebrate the new member of the family"

Zhishu looked at Wangji and then towards Kexing.

The smile on Kexing and Wuxian's face froze. Does that mean they have to part with Zhishu and Wangji tomorrow??

****