16. Dirty desire

Zhou Zhi shu attacked at once, his white cloth sword closed around Kexing's neck which was swiftly caught by Kexing in between his fingers. Kexing smirked as he used a little force to push Zhi shu away.

Zhi shu didn't give up. He followed Kexing again. Kexing stopped the counterattack with his glazed armor sword. With Zhi shu's skills, Kexing knew it will just go on and on with a stop. But he has to go to the carp tower and kill that bastard of a leader. Kexing made a sneak attack with his fan from behind while sword fighting in the front. Zhi shu was caught off guard and in order to escape the sneak attempt, he made a backflip but lost his ground and fell downwards towards the lake.

Kexing's eyes widened. "A-xu!!!" At once he started levitating downwards and looked around.

"A-xu, now stop teasing me and come up" he examined the lake surroundings. Kexing became nervous as he didn't hear any response for a while and was about to jump into the river.

"If you're that worried about me why don't you listen to me?" Zhi shu came from behind and stopped him by grabbing his shoulder.

"A-Xu" Kexing's voice is soft.

"Wen Kexing, I promise we will avenge your clan members, the innocent souls but this is not the right time, let's first go back and discuss with Xiongzhang and Wei gongzi, if you listen to me this one time, I'll do anything you say" Zhi shu sounded sincere.

Wen Kexing looked down with a devastating look in his eyes.

Zhishu and Kexing returned to the inn where Wangji and Wuxin are staying after getting a message through the messenger butterflies that the Lan clan uses.

"Xiong Zhang sent a message and he verified that the stygian tiger amulet is really lost. So we were correct to assume there is another party involved in the recent happenings, not the jin clan" Wangji spoke seriously. 

Wei Wuxian collected his thoughts "Dafan shan is a remote place and given its proximity to burial mounds normal people don't go there at all and a very few cultivators pass there only when trouble is spotted. It is a perfect place to hide any heinous deeds and jin clan perfectly managed it all these years without anyone finding it. But suddenly problems started to arise in the cultivation world these past few days and we ended up finding the jin clan's deeds in Dafan mountain. We were wrong, I don't think someone is trying to cover their tracks using Jin Guangshan but they are actually leading us on to Jinguangshan's tracks, someone wants to reveal his deeds. Maybe the only way we can find the other party is to reveal Jin Guangshan's wrongdoings"

"But whoever the other party is they are capable of controlling tiger amulet. what if that person will not stop there and actually harm the cultivation world?" Zhi shu questioned.

"That person has stygian tiger amulet and he could have already evoked some fierce corpses and pushed the cultivation world into chaos. But he didn't even kill anyone and only used corpses as puppets and painstakingly refined the process of transferring energy from living to the dead. Though the people's cultivation might be affected no actual harm has been done" Kexing thought loud.

"Wen gongzi is right, if the other party wanted to do something horrible he would have already. I will send the message to grandmaster Ye about it and will see what he says" with that Wangji sent a messenger butterfly to Qinghe.

Zhishu and Kexing left the room for Wuxian to take a rest.

"Lan Zhan, since we have time till we get the reply why don't we indulge ourselves in some fine wine in the meanwhile" Wei Wuxian moved closer to Wangji and spoke near his ear that Wangji's ear reddened profusely in an instant. 

Wangji's heart tickled and he remembered the dark night of passion and the dirty desire that's slowly brewing in his heart. He composed himself and blurted out "Boring" before he moved forward with a flick of the sleeve.

But this time, Wuxian made a spell-binding thread which held on to Lan Wangji's wrist stopping him from moving any further.

Wuxian moved forward tugging along the thread, "Lan Zhan, you're really heartless, how much did I suffer yesterday after empathy? my insides still hurt, can't you even do such a small favor of drinking with me to make me feel better?" Wuxian sounded like a spoiled brat.

Lan Wangji couldn't help but adore that spoiled brat's words inwardly "You shouldn't be drinking if your insides hurt, I have a better idea" Wangji's golden eyes flickered.

"Eh, what is it?" Wuxian's dimples deepened with mischief.

On the other side of the isolated courtyard of the inn "A-Xu, you said you'd do anything if I listen to you earlier, you cannot possibly go back on your word" Kexing pouted pitifully.

"Alright alright tell me what is it?" Zhi shu prepared himself for the worst. He could feel Kexing's warm breath near the crook of his neck. Zhi shu's palms sweated.

"Since I always call you A-Xu affectionately, why don't you try calling me with a name which is equally adorable and affectionate?" Kexing spoke softly. 

Zhi shu's lips trembled, adorable and affectionate? He couldn't think of anything except a few words escaped his mouth "Lao Wen" said A-Xu.

Kexing was perplexed at such addressing and given Zhishu's personality he knew that this is the best he can come up with.

"Good, very good, Lao Wen, nice name. Of course, you'll be learning a lot of things from me and it's not wrong for you calling me Lao Wen" Keixng smiled mischievously as Zhi shu didn't even dare to think what things Wen Kexing is referring to.

****