3. Something special

"Wei wuxian what are you doing?" Jiang cheng flared up.

"I...I was just trying to be friendly but he.."

Jiang chang threw a glare at Weying before turning his attention to the pair of siblings in cloud patterned clothes.

"Lan gongzi, Zhou gongzi please forgive my brothers' ignorance. I am Jiang Wayin, head disciple of Yunmeng Jiang clan and clan leader Jiang Fengman is our father. This is my elder brother Wei Wuxian and second elder brother Wen kexing. Father is tending matters regarding the Heroes conference. Otherwise he would have come personally to receive you" Jiang chang bowed with utmost respect while Weiying's mouth was hung open at how polite Jiang chang was behaving.

"Greetings from our uncle and brother, Jiang gongzi"  Lan Zhan bowed respectfully.

After finishing the formalities that follow receiving the guests, Jiang chang, Wuxian and Kexing headed to lotus pavilion.

There they are welcomed by a lady in purple with a bright smile on her face as she put down the plate filled with lotus seeds and Walnuts.

"A-xian here" she peeled off a lotus pod and handed it to Wuxian while he shook his head and opened his mouth instead as if he wants to be fed.

The lady warmly fed him the lotus seeds  with an unwavering smile on her face.

"How old are you?" Jiang chang rolled his eyes.

"A-xian is three this year" he rubbed his nose while the lady patted his head.

"The youth are dreadful of the old age, the old are envious of the youth, it's only the children that take the matters as it is without  any reservations..." Wen kixing rolled the walnuts in his hands.

"Ke-xing ge, I used to admire you a lot, you are the only one in our Jiang clan who is proficient in poetry, literature competing with the scholars of the North but now you are just causing troubles along with Wei Wuxian" Jiang chang's lips curved up.

"A-Cheng, Wuxian get, and I are like the fruits of the same tree, pieces of one fabric, travelers with the same destination. For us, life is nothing but a fine cup of wine and beauty....beautiful things" he changed the last word reminded of Madam Yu's presence.

"A-cheng, today is A-xiangs birthday she would be happy if you spend the day with her but if you know guests are arriving you will cancel your plans with her that is why I had to involve your brothers, it is not their fault" Madam yu swiftly took Wuxian's and Kexing's side.

"Mother, you keep spoiling brothers like this, do you know what they did today? 
They started a fight with the Lan brothers and..."  Jiang chang flared up.

"Madam Yu, it was a misunderstanding we only followed them worried about their safety" kexing cut in.

Jiang cheng raised a brow.

"A xing is saying  the truth we saw them near the inn but we noticed that they are being followed secretly by someone. It looked like they haven't noticed that  they are being followed. So we followed their trail worried  about  their safety. But the people who followed them vanished in the thin air and great misunderstanding  occurred" Wuxian finished his explanation  which is backed up by Wen kixing's vigorous head nod.

Jiang cheng rolled his eyes as he was convinced it was just one of their mischiefs. 

On the other side of the lotus pavilion in a guest room, two handsome men in flowy robes fixed their gaze on a piece of metal which is emitting black energy.

"Brother do you think no one noticed that we possess a piece of yin iron?" Zhou zhishu has a worried look on his face.

"Not to worry, we just need to be more careful until we meet that person at the heros conference and handover the piece of Yin iron according to uncle's orders" Lan Wangji had a stirred expression on his face though his words are relaxed.

"Earlier..I noticed a black energy from Wei gongzi, did brother notice it too?" Zhou zhishu asked warily.

"Mhn" Lan zhan nodded.

"His musical weapon seems to be in alignment with the yin iron. Do you think?..." zishu's expression became worried.

"No he is not practicing demonic cultivation but that spiritual weapon is peculiar...like you said yin iron is responding to it, I don't know what it is" though they were talking about something unwelcoming and something to be wary of Lan wangji couldn't think of anything but a pair of big beautiful eyes and an adorable smile.

Zhishu observed the red on Lan zhan's years and contunied "I think Wei gongzi is something special .."

Lan wangji flinched for a second and zhishu was quick to change his words "Wei gongzi's spiritual weapon is something special"

"Did you get hurt anywhere? As I see it Wen gongzi's skills are not too bad" Lan zhan said concerned words with a cold face. It is not a new thing for zhishu and he knows that is his way of showing care.

"I am alright brother"

A knock on their door put an end to the brothers' conversation.