8. Steps of mischief

A number of arrows flew in their direction. Kexing's fan cut through some of them while the white cloth sword twirled around to break some more of them. But it is becoming very difficult for them to hold their ground as the platform is rotating faster now. 

The intensity and the speed of the arrows also increased as if the mechanism knows that the previous ones are destroyed easily. 

As Wei Wuxian about to form another talisman barrier, a man in white robes and headband uttered two words looking at him "Boring". Wei Wuxian was confused at the sudden harsh remark. Little did he know that deep inside Wangji is concerned about Weiying as he has used all his energy to form the talisman barrier to keep the drug men out previously. 

The qin vibrated as it emitted a white light wave that had cut through all the black-headed arrows. Not a single one to be seen again. Wangji with Wangji looked like a strong snowflake among the storm, his golden eyes shined ever so brightly, his pale face emitted a bright aura. Wei Wuxian couldn't help but think "He must be the most beautiful person in Gusu" 

"There is one tough competition" Kexing sized up Zhishu leaning towards Wuxian as if he knew what is going on in Wuxian's mind. 

As the zither was plucked skillfully the swarm of arrows was defeated finally. 

The platform stopped rotating and there is a brief moment of silence. But this silence felt more dangerous and deadly than the previous commotion. 

"Wei Wuxian!!!!!!" an angry voice accompanied by a purple streak of light resounded in the platform. 

But Wei Wuxian's voice is filled with joy and unexplainable happiness as he leaped forward with a smile "Jiang cheng!!!"

"Are you planning to get all of you killed?"  the previous purple streak turned to blood red now as Jiang cheng is gasping for breath between his words. 

"How did you find us?" Wuxian couldn't contain his excitement. 

"We saw the soldiers near the four seasons manor lying unconscious and followed the trial, Why did you break in through four seasons manor?" Jiang cheng's eyes raging fumes. 

"How do you know it is me? I didn't break into four seasons manor I was just sparring with Lan Zhan near the cold springs..."

"How indecent!" now Jiang chang looked like he is about to burst into flames as he heard Wuxian addressing Wangji informally. 

"Jiang gongzi, calm down" a soft voice along with a small body appeared from behind Jiang cheng. 

"Jiang guniang" Wuxian's voice vibrant as always as Wen Ke-xing quickly flipped his fan and cupped his hands. 

"It is all my fault please do not blame them" Zhishu came forward and cupped his hands in apology. 

"Zhou gongzu..." Jiang Cheng was dumbfounded. 

"Ah-Xu, of course, it is not your fault, it is me who triggered the mechanism back in the manor" Wen Kexing took Zhisu's side. 

Jiang cheng's brows flickered again at the Ah-Xu and he was about to say something but was refrained by Gu Xiang. 

Under the questionable looks from the Gusu brother duo, Jiang cheng introduced Gu Xiang to Wangji and Zhishu "Lan gongzi, Zhou gongzu, this is my fiancee Gu Xiang". 

After finishing formal greetings, "Did you encounter the drug men too? How come you could be able to set off the mechanisms here in the Longyang cabinet?" Wuxian had so many questions for Jiang Cheng who came out of nowhere to save them. 

"If you have ever paid attention to the second volume of the classic mechanisms of Longyang clan at the Yunmeng lotus pavilion library you would know" Jiang cheng smirked. 

"Eh, in that case, Kexing should be well acquainted with it, ah never mind Kexing is more familiar with all the eight volumes about the intricate details of the intimacy between men and..." 

"Shameless..." words slipped out of Wangji's mouth involuntarily as Zhishu flustered, Gu Xiang blushed and Wen Kexing coughed, Jiang cheng almost choked to death. 

"Wei Wuxian do you want to copy down all the four volumes of virtuous conduct of Gusu?" Jiang cheng couldn't hold it in anymore. 

"Jiang gongzi, misunderstandings aside by any chance do you know the way out?" Zhishu asked politely. 

"Apologies Zhou gongzi, this way" Jiang cheng led the way as the others followed. 

Finally, the commotion has settled down but the problem about the stygian tiger amulet and yin iron remained. Before reporting it to clan leader Jiang or others the four decided to assess the situation among themselves carefully. If they go forward accusing a powerful clan like Jin clan of making drug men using stygian tiger amulet without proper evidence it would cause an uproar in the cultivation world and cause trouble to their respective sects. 

Under the bright moonlight, amidst the white lotus pond, two people in white robes sat in a serene meditation pose recuperating. 

Steps of mischief approached them as Wuxian in red robes and Wen kexing in cherry blossom colored robes appeared in sight. 

"The moonlight is envious tonight as it has encountered an unexpected enemy of might. An enemy whose strength lies in those bright smiles, sharp shoulder blades, and a slim waist." Wen Kexing fanned himself slowly. 

Unlike Kexing, Wuxian is not a man of too many sophisticated words as he barged in "Lan Zhan!!!!!!!"