11. Pointing fingers

Wei wuxian laid down Lan Wangji who fell asleep. On his way out he came across Zhou zhi shu. Both profoundly avoided each others gazes remembering what just happened between them and their brothers.

Zhou zhi shi is the first to talk "Did xiongzhang went too faraway? Sorry for the trouble Wei gongzi" he cupped his hands.

"Aye, Zhou gonzi, no need for formalities between us. I just laid him to sleep" he sounded like he's hiding something.

" Uh...Wen Kexing is quite drunk as well. I helped him lay down in the other room." Zhou zhi shu bid farewell and went inside at once while Wuxian jumped out and left a huge sigh of relief.

Before the four pair of brothers faced each other and address the dark night of passion, other affairs demanded their attention.

Is it really the jin clan who is making puppets using stygian tiger amulet? Who could be that person they have to hand over the yin iron and who was following Lan Wangji and Zhou zhi shu when they arrived in Yunmeng? There are many countless questions in their minds but right now their eyes are fixed on the man in his elegant robes with poeny design and a vermillion mark in the center of his head.

The Heroes conference has started early the morning. All the the leaders, talents greeted his highness, cultivation head Jin Guangshan from Lanling. On to his right is the handsome yet known for his hot tempered Jin zixuan and the left his courtier and bastard son Jin Guangyao. It is said that Jin Guangyao took his bastard son into his sect after all these years due to his merits in sunshot campaign and further he also managed to woo Yao clan's leader's daughter. Jin Guangshan thought this relationship with Yao clan due to Jin Guangyao is beneficial to him and did not even spare a second before taking back Jin Guangyao in.

"His highness" Jiang Fengmen came in front and bowed.

"Clan leader Jiang, no need for formalities between us"

With that saying Jin Guangshan's wife embraced lady Yu and a wide smile spread all over face for meeting her best friend.

After all the formalities the first round of the conference has started.

Jin Guangshan is the first one to speak. "I want to discuss two things today. Firstly, peace has been restored across the cultivation world all these years after the success of sunshot campaign owing to all clan's valor and sacrifice. But recently there has been unrest settling down in Qinghe. There has been minor incidents where people's souls are effected. But recently the entire gentle wind sword sect have their cultivation failed and souls effected. Clan leader Lan arrived in Qinghe for soul cleansing and hence the absence of clan leader Nie and Lan today." 

Suddenly a series of murmurs spread across the hall.

After reading the room, Jin gaungshan spoke again pointing out at Wen Kexing who is leisurely waving his fan " I want to ask Wen Kexing if he knows anything about these incidents"

"What is it that his highness think I would know?" Ke xing answered rather straightforwardly.

"We all know that back in the days when Wen clan practiced demonic cultivation, same incidents happened and as the last kin of wen clan you know of their techniques and you have even formed your core while you're still a boy at Wen clan. So naturally there would be some suspicion among the other clans about it" Jin Guangshan spoke mockingly.

"Even if i know about them I've never practiced any demonic cultivation before why would I do now?" Kexing asked.

"Everyone knows a young man's desires of conquering the world. If you really don't have any relation to those incidents  then prove it" Jin Guangshan sneered.

The prominent cultivators and leaders of other minor clans nodded their head in approval.

Listening to Jin Guangshan's demeanor Jiang cheng couldn't take it any more and was about it say something only to be reprimanded by Wei Wuxian.

"Then clan leader Jin, let me ask you one thing too. After the great fire in burial mounds I've exchanged my stygian tiger amulet for Kexing's life. But recently we have found puppets in long yuan cabinet with trace of stygian amulet, how do you explain this?"

"What what..." there's an uproar all the cultivators in the conference.

"That is the second thing I wanted to discuss today. The stygian tiger amulet which is under our Jin clan possession has been missing." Jin Guangshan sounded rather ashamed but quickly changed his demeanor "Who knows if Kexing had to do something with  the missing stygian amulet as well"

"Huh clan leader Jin, don't blame your incompetencies on to my brother. You lost tiger amulet and instead of finding who did it you're digging dirt on to A-xing." Wei Wuxian smirked.

"Then what were you doing in the forbidde long yuan cabinet?" Jin Guangshan now trying to pin the blame on Wei Wuxian.

"Wei Ying didn't go there purposefully.  We have accidentally taken by a water ghoul to the long yuan cabinet" Lan Wangji cut in.

"I requested Kexing to take me to the four seasons manor to see my mother's belongings and there because of a trap mechanism we ended up in the cabinet" Zhi shu also came to Ke xing's rescue.

With two prominent cultivators from Lan clan vouching no one could point their fore fingers at Wei ying and Wen Ke xing any more.

"Clan leader Jin, Wen ke xing belongs to Jiang family now, if you were to blame my son atleast you should've chosen some other place instead of lotus cove. I  understand someone is trying to create chaos in cultivation world again but to point fingers at my family members without evidence I would not allow this. But we Jiang clan will extend all our efforts to help Jin clan investigate this matter" finally Jiang Fengmen said something. 

"Apologies that my words came across harsh, there's been a misunderstanding. I was only stating what the people were thinking, I never suspected Kexing's involvement in this. In that  case I request all the clan leaders to perform searches for the stygian tiger amulet in their respective localities" Jin guangshan changed his words like a snake the next minute.