14. Unforeseen events

The group of five has arrived in Qinghe finally.

"Xiong Zhang, clan leader Nie" Wangji and Zhi shu cupped their hands.

"Wei gongzi, Wen gongzi" Lan Xichen greeted.

A frown can be seen vividly on Nie Mingjue's face looking at Wen Kexing.

"This is..." Lan Xichen asked about Ye Bai Yi who neither greeted nor said anything with an ethereal air around his white robes.

"Ah this Taoist master came to our rescue on account of Shifu" Zhi shi didn't say deliberately the fact that he is Ye Bai Yi. 

Later Xichen and Mingjue took the five to the hall where there are affected cultivators.

"There is no harm to the cultivator's life but their spiritual power is snatched making them as puppets. I have performed a cleansing ritual but by cultivating they can restore the lost power sooner or later." Lan Xichen briefed.

"It is very weird" Zhi shu spoke "Xichen ge, we've encountered some puppets in Longyuan cabinet by chance. But they are all dead people and these are living people"

"Do you think they are killed to be made into puppets?" Nie mingjue asked.

"No, judging from their bodies they are not killed recently, they are dead for a long time and their corpses have been awoken" Kexing replied.

Wei Wuxian continued, "A-xing is right. The dead people are dead for many years, they are not killed for this purpose. The living people's spirits were taken away and their cultivation is taken away from them but not killed. So the perpetrator doesn't want to kill living people but raise dead people. They are transferring the spiritual power from living to the dead to make the puppets."

Wangji contemplated, "But stygian tiger amulet can only be used to raise and control the dead through their resentful energy but can it cannot be used to transfer the spiritual power from living to the dead unless..."

"Unless they have a piece of yin iron" Wei Ying finished the rest of the sentence

"But Lan clan's iron is here, Yunmeng clan's iron is here, Nie clan's iron is here, Jin clan said they only lost the Stygian tiger amulet but not the yin iron piece?? How could it be possible then?" Zhi shu pondered over.

"It could be possible that Jin clan leader lied. Think about it, losing stygian amulet is one thing, but yin iron will cause uproar in the cultivation world, maybe they hid the fact they lost yin iron as well, that will also explain why the yin iron of Yunmeng, Lan clan are started to effect" Wei Wuxian deduced.

"Then why the gentle wind sword sect, not any others?" Ke xing pondered.

"Clan leader Nie, the cultivators from gentle wind sect did they go anywhere recently in a large group?" Wangji questioned.

"Mhm, a few days ago there has been a disturbance at Dafan shan and I asked to send a few cultivators from gentle wind sect to go night hunt there"

"Dafan shan..." Wei Wuxian rubbed his nose lost in deep thought. "Dafan shan is close to burial mounds, it is also the place where I found tiger amulet for the first time, maybe they are related somehow, we must go there to find the truth"

"You four go and look about the puppets and trace of amulet at Dafan shan then and I will make sure the three pieces of yin iron get less influenced here" Ye Bai Yi suggested while Xichen and Mingjue exchanged doubtful glances.

"Ayo, never underestimate a book by its cover" Ye Bai Yi took out the yin iron of the Lan clan, Jiang clan, and created a spell array. In an instant, the Nie clan's iron which was secretly hidden flew its way towards the two pieces.

Old monster is indeed quite talented he got Yunmeng's iron without no one noticing. Ke xing rolled his eyes.

As if he heard Kexing's thoughts, "I'm not a grandmaster for no reason" Ye Bai Yi smirked.

"In that case, I can verify the presence of yin iron at Jin clan without alerting them," said Xichen.

"I will assist Taoist master with the yin iron" Nie Mingjue supported.

After the delicious dinner, Xichen summoned Wangji and Zhishu. 

"Wangji, Zhishu, you both be careful on tomorrow's journey, if you encounter any unforeseen events signal me in an instant" Xichen worried. 

"Xiong zhang do not worry about us" Wangji cupped his hands. 

"Wangji Xiong is right, Xichen ge you also be careful with the Jin clan, sister-in-law must be worried enough already that you are in Qinghe, now that you are going to the carp tower instead of returning back she will be worried more, so you need to be extra careful," said Zhi shu. 

Xichen nodded his head slightly. "In any case, I feel less worried as Wei gongzi and Wen gongzi are accompanying you. They look reliable. Don't you think their brother's duo is quite competent?" Xichen gave a mysterious look towards Wangji and Zhi Shu. 

Wangji's grip over Bichen tightened while Zhi shu avoided Xixhen's gaze. 

Like that the two pair of brothers started their journey towards Dafan shan. 

"Dafan shan is the home to countless daisy's but not even one daisy could be compared to the delicate beauty beside me.." Ke xing fanned himself one hand while holding the reigns the other. 

"Wen Kexing will you shut up your mouth or shall I?" Zhi shu flared up. 

"Just like you did a few nights ago?" Ke xing winked as he fanned himself slowly. 

Zhi shu rolled his eyes and moved his horse forward to catch up with Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian at the front. 

But his brother is in no better situation than he was in. 

"We could have just used our swords to fly why do you insist we have to ride horses all way to Dafan shan?" Wei Wuxian complained.

" Ey.. is it that does Lan er gongzi like riding? then you could have just gone yourself why involve me, have some mercy on my waist um?" Wuxian rubbed his waist sore from riding quite a while. 

Wanji's snowflake eyes flickered at the inappropriate meaning he found behind Wuxain's words. He despised himself for thinking like that yet all he could say to Wei Wuxain is "Boring" and ride faster leaving him behind.