7. Good intentions

"No we are not leaving without you," Wangji said determinedly.

"Lan Zhan! Then what do you want me to do?" Wuxian pouted unpleasantly as he is worried about containing the barrier.

"Those drug men cannot levitate, I can still ride my sword" Wangji spoke calmly with his cold face.

"Xian ge, Lan gongzu is right, those drug men cannot levitate, we can still fly on our swords and see if there is a way out from the top"

"Umn, okay but Lan Zhan your energy is weak you cannot ride the sword properly and Zhou gongzi just transferred a lot of energy to treat your internal wound due to yin iron, I'm afraid he cannot use more energy to ride the sword"

"In that case, Xian-ge you take care of Lan gongzi and I will take care of A-Xu," Wen kexing said with a bright grin on his face.

As the matter is of urgency neither Lan Zhan nor Zhi shu has any more leisure to rebuke the Yunmneg brothers.

"A-Xu your waist is slim than Madam Yu's Zidian, and your shoulder blades sharper than suibian" Kexing smiled as he stepped on his glazed armor sword and pulled Zishu close to him.

"Cut the crap and take off already" Zhishu glared at Kexing while shaking off Kexing.

As kexing and Zishu already took off in the air, on the other side, Wangji is yet to board on Suibian which is dangling in the mid-air.

Weiying extended his hand to Wangji which Wangji refused to take to.

"Aye Lan Zhan! Why don't you take my hand, I was only trying to help you as you are injured"

"I don't touch others" Wangji's face is cold as he levitated a little bit before he landed on Suibian.

"Hmph, see who's talking. Just now we were entwined like youtiao when we came out of the whirlpool" Weiying smirked as he summoned Suibian to fly.

Luckily Wen kexing and Zhishu already found an opening to the top level of the cabinet where there are no drug men. The group of four handsome men caught up some breath as they all settled on the platform.

After their expressions eased Wen Ke Xing is the first to talk. "Lan gongzi, how come you have the yin iron? Wasn't it destroyed in the sunshot campaign?"

"Before I answer that question, how come Weiying could summon those drug men...does he...practice demonic cultivation?"

Wuxian's expression suddenly darkened but he didn't speak anything.

"I will answer that question" Wen Kexing straightened his back as he held his fan tighter behind his back. "Lan gongzi knows that I'm of qishan wen descent and technically the last of wens as all the wens who retreated to burial mounds after the sunshot campaign was dead in the great fire. As everyone knows that uncle Jiang saved me and Xian-ge who were sole survivors after three months of the great fire. But did anyone know why Jin, Nie, and Lan clan agreed for the Jiang clan to take me in the wen clan bastard?"Kexing's place became pale as his grip over the fan tightened more.

"It's because Xian-ge gave them the stygian tiger amulet that he found in the burial mounds in exchange for my life. But what others didn't know was during those three months when we're alone in the burial mounds, Xian-ge already refined the stygian tiger amulet using chenqing. He did it so that we can survive otherwise the innumerous dissatisfied spirits would have devoured us. Xian-ge had to use the demonic cultivation to save ourselves..."

"So you mean just now the drug men were summoned by chenqing because they have a trace of stygian tiger amulet on them?"

"It is highly possible" Wuxian nodded.

"So that means the Jin clan is involved in making  the drug men?" Zhishu's eyes widened.

"Most likely," said Wen kexing.

"Lan Zhan, the yin iron..." Wuxian now asked the question finally unable to hold it any longer.

"The yin iron was never destroyed and the four pieces were kept by the four clans after the sunshot campaign, recently the one at our Lan clan started to become unstable. Xiongzhang is in Qinghe tending to some important matters related to the Nie clan and couldn't come back quick. So our uncle asked us to bring the yin iron to someone at the Hero's conference." 

Wen kexing and Wei Wuxian were a bit dumbfounded as they didn't know their Jiang clan also kept one piece. But again it is something up to the clan leader and the disciples usually would know nothing about this kind of secretive matters. 

"So, that's why you were being followed on the day you have arrived at Yunmeng that day. When we are at the inn we saw someone was secretly following you. Naturally, we were worried about your safety and followed behind to warn you but you mistook our good intentions" kexing fanned himself slowly as his lips curled up.

Zhishu couldn't help but roll his eyes.

"Eh, Lan Zhan then who is that someone that you're going to meet at the Hero's conference?" Wuxian asked curiously.

"We also don't know, uncle said that person will have another piece of yin iron on them and that's how we can identify them," said Wangji.

All of sudden the platform they are on started to rotate and a number of mechanical alarms went off.