Welcome to the Murder House - chapter 7

Listen to the wind blow, down comes the night
Running in the shadows, damn your love, damn your lies
Break the silence, damn the dark, damn the light

***

The storm isn't stopping any soon, the thunders being loud and clear and the lightnings flashing before my eyes. Other than that, I can hear the sounds of the pencil scribbling shyly on the white paper. The lamp on my desk shines a warm light upon my sketch, flickering sometimes. 

The window is slightly open and it keeps sending inside my house gusts of wind. It doesn't bother me since the cold air is refreshing compared to the hot atmosphere inside my room.

From time to time, i look out the window at the trees that are moving their leaves and branches in the rhythm of the wild air, at the empty streets and at the grey sky that didn't change its color for almost two weeks.

I switch back and forth between the different shades of black pencils that i have, choosing the best ones for the next step in completing my drawing.

Quiet music is humming in the background while I am concentrating on my little project. I must say, this constant bad weather is making me really exhausted lately. I'm starting to miss the sun.

I hear the sound of my phone ringing, making me lose my focus. I reach out for it and see that Zoey is calling me.

"Hello?" I say in a low voice.

"Hi Chloe! How have you been?" She says with a weird enthusiasm in her tone.

"You know, the usual." I put my pencils down and take one last glance at the drawing before taking the phone with me and lying on my bed. My back hurts from sitting down for so long.

"Working on another piece of art?" She asks sarcastically.

"You know it." I answer. I hope she can tell from my voice that I'm not that interested in this conversation.

"The weather outside is terrible."

"You really love small talk, don't you? You know that the perks of being best friends is that you can skip that part and go straight to the reason why you called me, right?"

"I know, I know. I called to let you know that I can't hang out today anymore. Axel is coming over."

"Axel? Are you really going to ditch me for that motherfucker?"

"When 'that motherfucker' is willing to give me a good time, then yes."

"I'm willing to give you a good time if you want to." I say and she laughs at me. "And you guys are going to fuck with your parents home?" I continue.

"They went out on a date." She says and i can tell that she's smirking. "And if my parents can have a date, I can too." 

"Oh, so your parents went out fuck so that you have more space to do the same?"

"Gross!" She almost yells through the phone. "You know my parents haven't had sex in ages."

"How do you know?"

"They used to have a drawer full of condoms, it's empty now. It's been empty for a while."

"Why do you keep track on your parents's condoms?"

"Because I may have used some of them in the past..."

"Jesus Christ, Zoey!" I hear her giggle at my reaction. "Please, let's stop talking about this."

"On another note, I hope that you're not upset..." Her voice becomes quieter.

"I'm not, go and have fun. We can hang out another time."