The art of sneaking in - chapter 4

You and me always forever
We could stay alone together
You and me always forever
Say you'll stay never be separate

***

"So what's the plan?" He asks while we are both standing in front of my house.

We are facing the white coloured walls of the house i grew up in. I look at my window and try to remind myself how far it was from the ground. Tate follows my gaze, seeing where exactly my room is.

I start pacing back and forth, a bit scared of the consequences that I'm going to face if my mom finds out that i snuck in a boy inside our home. I did a lot of things that I shouldn't have done, but sneaking someone in wasn't one of them because I knew how much my mom hated having my friends over.

"I'll go in and talk to her a little bit. I'll find the ladder and you'll climb through the window." I finally tell him.

"Are you crazy or stupid?" His tone is a bit harsh, which makes me reconsider inviting him over for a second.

"Excuse me?" I say as I stop my nervous pacing and look at him. I cross my arms over my chest, deeply offended. Because I'm shorter than him, he has to look down to me, which only makes my anger funny to him.

"We're going to get caught. Even if your mom doesn't see me, the neighbors will for sure. It's hard to ignore a guy climbing some stairs to reach a window 5 meters above the ground."

"Well, the window facing the back of my house leads to my mom's room, so i don't think we have many options here." I say irritated because of his protests.

"I could, i don't know, go inside through the front door like a normal person?" 

I let out a short laugh. "If my mom's in the kitchen, she's going to see you."

"And why is that such a problem?" He starts to raise his voice, which earns an angry look from me. He realizes, so he brings his voice down mid question.

"Do you want another interrogation? Olga's was enough."

If my mom didn't find out about my little "escapade" from school until now, she will eventually. And I'm sure that Mr. Johnson didn't leave out of his email that I left with Tate Langdon, a transfer student with a terrible reputation, that, on top of everything, just gave the school's richest asshole a proper beating. I'm pretty sure my mom wouldn't be thrilled to know that I brought him with me.

"Aww, you've never brought a boy home before?" He smirks and leans towards me.

"Jesus, can you just shut up and follow my lead? I've sneaked out before, I know how this works." I'm almost yelling at him, and now it's his turn to give me a "keep your voice down" look.

I take out my keys and start walking towards the front door. He doesn't move from his spot. When I look back to him, he gets the idea and starts following me slowly.

"Do you still sneak out?" 

"Why do you care?"

"I just want to know if I'll ever get you out of your house in the future." He shrugs and puts his hands in his pockets.

"And why would you want to get me out of the house? A date?" I turn around and look at him. He smiles and shakes his head.

"Is that your idea of flirting?" He asks and comes closer to me. We are now both at the front door.

"I'm not flirting." I smile. He is only a few steps away from me. "Are you?"

"No." He shakes his head again and bites back a smirk.