Comfortably numb - chapter 10

Your lips move but I can't hear what you're saying

When I was a child I had a fever

My hands felt just like two balloons

Now I've got that feeling once again

I can't explain you would not understand

This is not how I am

I have become comfortably numb

***

"Stay still!"

"But i need to pee!"

Diana laughs and approaches us with snacks in her hands, giving me and Zoey a lollipop each. She sits down on the grass and starts eating chips.

"Go, pee in the bushes and come back. I'm almost done." I say and Zoey jumps out of her chair, not giving me time to make up my mind.

"Can I see now?" Diana whines and I give her an annoyed look, shaking my head and leaving the paint brush on the small table that i brought with me.

Zoey wanted for a long time to have her portrait done, and she took advantage of the fact that the sun is finally out and it doesn't rain anymore, to drag me and my painting supplies out of the house.

She was sitting previously on a chair, and in the background you can see a couple of trees and flowers. I think that the scenery is a bit basic, but whatever makes her happy.

The background is done, as well as her skin. Her clothes and her hair are the only things that i have left to paint. Also, her face needs a bit more details.

"Taking a wee in a park behind a bush isn't my top favourite activity." Zoey says and comes towards us, while fastening her belt.

"You brought it against yourself. We told you to go to the bathroom before we left." I answer and prepare my next shade, which is a light brown for her pants.

She sits down again while i see Diana lying on the grass from the corner of my eye.

"What are you going to do with your portrait? Hang it in your castle?" Diana says and smiles, while the sun is shining on her face. She blocks it with her hands to get a good look at us.

"Very funny. I'll keep it to myself and look at it every time I miss my dearest friend, Chloe." Zoey says sarcastically.

"Stop moving." I tell her unbothered, while using my smallest brush to add the details.

"You have a problem with moving." Zoey rolls her eyes.

"If you keep moving, the shade will change and I'll have to redo everything." I look at her and she scowls.

"A painter as good as you can do anything perfectly even when their subject is moving, it's not that hard." She responds and crosses her arms, showing that she really wants to upset me today.

"If it's not that hard then why don't you do it?" I say.

"Everyone has their own talents, and painting isn't mine." She gives up staying in one place and turns to Diana.

"What talents do you have then? Is making out with Axel 24/7 a talent?" She says without looking at her, while i smirk.

"At least i have a boyfriend to make out with." Zoey positions herself once more so that I can finally finish my painting.