5. Jax Flores

Jax (Male P.O.V) 

Date: September 14, 2238

I limped into my dorm room, holding a bag of ice in one hand with a small brown box tucked underneath my arm. The pain in my knee had lessened to a dull throb, so I decided not to go to the infirmary. I wouldn't waste time bothering the doctor for that tiny ache. Instead, I would use the time to come up with a solution to my problem.

I dropped my tired body into the leather desk chair behind one of the two desks dividing the room. After placing the ice on my knee, I tossed the package over my shoulder onto my bed. It bounced in the navy blue rumpled sheets before falling to the clothes-strewn covered floor.

"I'll pick that up later," I mumbled, resting my head against the headrest and closing my eyes. With my legs splayed wide, I basked in the cool air-conditioned air as it chilled my heated skin. I sighed when not even a minute later, my computer beeped and disrupted my tranquil silence.

I shook the mouse and ignored the red notification telling me to update my virus protection. While simultaneously reaching for the black earpiece, laying next to my keyboard. I picked it up and placed it in my ear. "Hey, what did you send me?"

"You didn't open it yet?" A small smile tugged at my lips at the sound of the soothing voice in my ear. I was used to and loved Amber's straightforward approach. It was a welcome change when you were used to so many people beating around the bush or just being an asshole. Lawrence was the latter.

I shook my head, clearing my thoughts of him.

"No, I just walked into my room and sat down." I glanced at the box before rolling backward in the chair, pushing aside crumpled clothing until I reached my bed.

"Long day, hmm?" The sound of her humming in my ear immediately triggered a response from my dick, causing it to twitch beneath my sweat-drenched briefs. My body was exhausted, but the sound of Amber's voice was the cure for at least one part of my anatomy.

I glanced down at the crotch of my pants. Calm down, boy. She's not interested in this package.

"Yeah, very long," I responded, picking up the box and rolling back towards the computer. There was no way I would tell her the exact details and risk further humiliation. "What's in this thing?" I asked, shaking the package in one of my hands.

"What's taking you so long to open it?"

"I had to pick it up off the floor-"

"What?!" She hissed, and I immediately stopped shaking the package. I grabbed the scissors, laying on the edge of my desk. "Jax, I'll kill you if you broke it."

I gulped, very grateful she couldn't see me.

"Jax?" I didn't bother to respond as I placed the box on the desk and dragged one blade of the scissors down the middle and across the ends, cutting the tape. I pulled back the flaps of the box and removed the glasses from the bubble wrap surrounding it.

"Are these new camera glasses?" I asked carefully, setting them down on my desk after pushing aside the few scattered papers covering the space.

"Sort of. They're new to you. I finished restoring the glasses yesterday and had someone deliver them to you today. Hurry and set them up! Play around with them and call me back to let me know what you think." An unknown perk of being close friends with Amber was that I got to test out the newest or restored gadgets before anyone else.

Even though I preferred it when she created new gadgets, one of my favorites was the X-Ray specs that allowed the user to see someone's skeletal frame. Another favorite was the earbuds that allowed me to hear through these thick dorm room walls.