25. Nova Rose

Nova  P.O.V

Date: October 16, 2238

Darkness enveloped Troy and me, wrapping us in its cold embrace as we stood pressed together in the small room. A single metal door the sole thing protecting us from the danger lurking on the other side. Underneath the doorway, a sliver of light crept through, falling across the floor. Its continuing solidity tied directly to my heartstrings.

Troy's arms tightened around my waist, holding me closer to his solid chest. I couldn't help but feel his rapid heartbeat through his t-shirt. It matched my own as we waited for the inevitable.

"We're finally alone," Troy's sultry voice spoke directly in my ear. Before the tip of his nose traced the shell of my ear, sending shivers up and down my frame.

"What?" I muttered, checking the bottom of the door to see if anyone was closing in on our temporary hideout.

"I've been dying to get you alone." My head jerked up, trying to see his face, but my eyes still hadn't adjusted to the darkness. "Just you and me without any interruptions." He continued as my body stiffened.

Troy immediately kneaded my lower back muscles until my body became pliant beneath his skillful digits. My shirt bunched under his ministrations, leaving me exposed to the cold air and his wandering hands.

Those warm, calloused hands glided over my skin, sending another onslaught of delightful shivers coursing through my body.

My breath stuttered, and my eyes fell half closed as I melted further into his body. The masterful strokes and the heat radiating from his palms were going to be my downfall as they slowly worked to crumble the last of my resistance.

My teeth sunk into my bottom lip in a desperate attempt to stifle the moan threatening to slip past. But one rub of his unshaven cheek against mine released it. The prickly hairs were a new but pleasant sensation along with the tingles they left in their wake. And before I could fully get used to it, he pressed his lips to my jaw.

I gasped. The upper part of my body lurched forward, pressing deeper into him. I mentally cursed as a needy whine, a sound I hadn't been aware I could produce, continuously escaped my lips as he slowly trailed butterfly kisses along my jawline. Each torturous kiss brought him closer and closer to the corner of my lips.

And when he was within an inch of them, he cupped my chin, slightly turned my head, and...

My eyes sprung open as someone pounded on my dorm room door, disrupting my dream. A faint glow shined through the window as I looked over at Stacy's still slumbering form. With one hand dangling over the edge of the bed and her head buried under her pillow, she showed no signs of having heard the knock.

"This better be an emergency," I grumbled, flinging my covers from across my legs and rising from my bed.

Whoever this was, I would find out what they wanted, then quickly send them on their way. Sleep was more important. But I doubted it would come easily with the lingering memories of my dream still at the forefront of my mind.

I yanked open the door and came face-to-face with Troy. His hair was in a low bun, and he wore the same black uniform we usually wear, but something was different. Or rather, I was different. I was hyper-aware of everything Troy. The woodsy scent wafting off his body tickled my nostrils, coaxing me in for a deeper inhale.

Stepping slightly back, I resisted the temptation. However, the thin black shirt stretched taut across his broad shoulders snagged my attention. Unconsciously my tongue darted out, moistening my lips as my eyes slowly drifted lower. The fabric clung to his chest and narrow waist, showcasing every rippling muscle every time he shifted.