Chapter 2 - Training

Tommy was speechless. The other three burst in thinking something had happened to him. As soon as they saw him with his shirt lifted up, they were shocked. In awe. Techno described what he was seeing "Wait wait wait, so the whole week you have been in pain you were just growing wings? A baby blue pair of small wings, with some weird white circles?" Tommy replied with "Apparently so... it was hella worth it tho, I'm like Dadza now!"

Philza stood there in awe wanting to teach everything about wings to Tommy right there and then,but he realised it was midnight. And so everyone went to sleep for the night.

The next day was like any other, except Tommy now had (pretty useless) wings. Techno touched Tommy's scrawny wings without Tommy knowing, which then resulted in Tommy twitching his small wings about. It was a weird feeling for him. A new pair of muscles he needs to learn to control.

Flying was not yet possible, as Tommy's wings were too small to carry the weight of him. Usually, wings grow rather quickly in size so it shouldn't take too long until he can fly.

(Time skip like 5 months because I don't know what to put in this part of the story-)

5 months had passed and Tommy had now almost fully grown wings nearly the whole size of him, the main feathers just barely touched the floor as he walked. In some cases annoying because he constantly had to clean them. He sometimes tripped over them too, but that was simply cause, it was the clumsy child; Tommy. All he had to do now was learn how to use them.

Stretching his wings out was easy since he just had to well, stretch them out. Pulling them back in on the other hand, was a tragedy. It took a while just to get a single wing back, and even longer for the other one. Tommy had to practice that until he got it right, stretching and pulling his wings back and forth was now a piece of cake after a couple days worth of repetition. Then it was shrinking (science can't really explain this one but that's how we do). It took an immense amount of concentration to shrink them until they were able to fit under Tommy's shirt and much more to make them small enough to not see a lump. This is a stage which will get easier over time. Finally, time to test flapping his wings. This might be dangerous considering his wings are as big as him and therefore could make him soar off somewhere. Thankfully Philza would stay by his side and make sure he doesn't go too far up. Although Phil isn't good at explaining he tried either way.

"Alright mate, I'll try my best to explain then I'll show ya, alright?" Phil said.

"Ok Dadza, hurry up already!" Tommy exclaimed, wanting to fly.

"Right, so first you need to stretch your wings as far out as you can and lift them up, then, making sure you keep your balance, flap them up and down on an angle so they can catch the wind. I'll show you now, watch and learn." Phil explained.

Then he proceeded to hop up into the air and glide there, waiting for Tommy to try. Tommy followed as he was told and sure enough, he jumped into the air, but fell straight onto his stomach. Owch. This would take a while to perfect since the wings have to be in sync to be able to fly. 

------ ------

596 words for this Chapter.

Also tysm for all the reads and votes!

I did NOT expect to get even this much attention.