Chapter 8 - The aftermath

The whole family was devastated. How could they let this happen to Tommy? The bomb shell blonde they once had running around the house, was stuck in bed. With his once sky blue wings, gone. Tommy's whole torso had been bandaged, it was always better to be careful even if a goddess had healed him. He had woken up a few times, mostly to eat and drink, and then went to sleep again right after.

However something strange had happened. When the five had left the forest where the gruesome scene had taken place, Tommy's wings had stayed there, under the shade of a tree. But, after about 19 hours, Phil went back there to dispose of them. Much to his surprise, the wings weren't there. Only a pile of ashes. Had somebody come here before him and burned them? No, that wouldn't have been possible. The fire would have spread to the trees, and a forest fire would have started. Then how were the wings burned all the way with the only thing left behind being ashes?

Phil decided to go back to his house, not worrying too much about this. When Phil got back he went upstairs to check on Tommy, he was awake. After Tommy ate Phil decided to ask him.

"Hey Toms, I went to check on your, um, previous wings, and.." Phil said reluctantly.

"And..?" Tommy said in return, wearing a confused look on his face.

"The only thing I found there were ashes. Do you know perhaps, why?"

"...heh?" Tommy just became even more puzzled. "I mean, I have no actual idea but it might be 'cause 'm a phoenix. That's the only thing I can think of. Anyway imma head to sleep again, 'm really tired.." the child then proceeded to ditch Philza for sleep.

After that brief idea Phil was given he thought about it. Maybe that WAS what happened? I mean Tommy is an actual phoenix, that was proven by the intruders that caused this whole ordeal. Oh well, he'll find out another day. 

----  ----

Short chapter, only 343 words but meh

Next chapter will be better for sure. 

I have a week long holiday so the next chapter should be out slightly faster. 

Hope everyone is feeling well! Take care of yourselves ♥♥

Also TYSM for nearly 3k reads, I had no clue this story would get this much attention holy shi-