Chapter 9 - A midnight occurrence

Everyone in the house was sleeping peacefully, with the midnight moon shining down at the house. Giving the tiniest amount of light. With a sudden pain tearing through his back, Tommy woke up, immediately rushing to his bathroom. A bitter taste was making its way up his throat. *eugh.. What the hell.. Fucking hell it hurts. Fuuuuuuuck* Tommy thought. Trying to prevent himself from throwing up in the toilet by taking deep breaths. Tommy felt yet another pain wave wash over him. Aiming more to his back. *FUCK! Why does it hurt, so goddamn much!?* Tears started to well up at the corners of his eyes. Tommy relaxed a bit, bad idea. As soon as he slumped his shoulders down, another wave of pain washed over him, and he gagged. Again, then again. And his supper came up, staining his mouth with a bitter taste and an awful smell. The stink from it makes him gag again and vomit up more. It's a bit surprising how nobody had woken up to Tommy's contant gags and some very not quiet whimpers. After he had supposedly emptied his stomach, he felt something move in his back. *w-wait, are my wings..?*

Mustering all the strength he had left he tore his shirt off of himself. Every time he moved even the tiniest bit, something inside him would shift to an uncomfortable angle as well.

Thinking that lying down on the cold tiled floor would be a better idea, Tommy pushed himself off the toilet seat he was previously leaning on, making a relatively soft thud. As soon as he positioned himself on his stomach, the two things inside Tommy which were moving protruded through the healed skin where his previous wings had been. The bones cut through. Although when Tommy first grew his wings, the cut could barely be felt. This time it was more than feelable. The blood from the cut flowed down soon after, coating the few feathers already there and the bone in a thick layer of blood. The pain of the jagged bone cutting through his still healing and therefore sensitive skin made Tommy scream. He tried to muffle it with his hand, failing miserably and waking up the whole house. The whole bone hasn't even moved out fully. About only a fifth of it has. That meant alot more suffering was to come. *No, no, no. Please, nobody wake up, please.* The first to reach Tommy's bathroom was Wilbur, soon followed by Techno. They stood horrified at the sight of their youngest brother with a pool of blood and tears surrounding him. Small jagged bones stuck out of his back, nowhere near to fully out. Wilbur, having a small phobia of blood now, ran to get Kristin and Phil, while Techno stayed with Tommy, grabbing a blanket and gently rubbing the blood off. His leg was still broken so he had to be crouching on the floor in an awkward way. Kristin soon came to the same sight as the two boys previously, only she rushed to Tommy to comfort him.

"Sweetheart, can you hear me?" She cooed softly, not trying to freak the child out more. Tommy nodded. "I know it's painful, but I need you to sit up and relax alright? It will be over before you know it if you do that." Tommy trusted Kristin, she healed him before. And her aura was peaceful. She was trustworthy. So he listened. With the last bit of strength he had he pushed himself up onto his knees and fell into Kristins arms. She hugged him, being careful to avoid Tommy's growing wings.

Phil stood at the door, not intruding, because he knew Kristin had done this before. She knew what to do. Being in a caring grasp, Tommy relaxed. However, just like before, the bones shifted out more, getting larger. And with the bones getting larger, the cut got larger too. The blonde boy screamed again, but soon stopped. Tears wouldn't stop flowing at this point. "Tommy, would you like a towel? To bite down on..?" He shakily nodded yes. Before he relaxed again, he bit down on a towel, prepared for more pain as soon as he did relax his muscles. 3. 2. 1. Tommy screamed into the towel, the cloth making it muffled. *I'm so tired... I-I'll just take a nap.* The small boy slowly went limp. He passed out. This meant his wings would grow without disturbance which was good. Kristin smiled softly. She started using a bit of her magic to guide the bones out faster. The blood slowed down. Nearly an hour later, the wings were out, the feathers all coated in red. Tommy was still out like a light, Wil and Techno went to sleep again while Phil and Kristin laid him in bed, letting him rest. Kristin carefully cleaned and preened the new feathers revealing them to be the same baby blue, however with a bit of light brown faded with the blue. Soon enough, the whole family was asleep again.

---- ----

841 words, noice. Longer chapter than last time and I wrote this in like 30min-1hour. 

(Reference pic for his feathers, just pretend it's feathers and the brown is on the bottom-) 

ALSO! the * are Tommy's thoughts if you didn't figure it out!