"Talk to him."

*Craccs knuckles* 

i ' m b a c k

~

Nagito felt...empty.

All hope was gone as two of the most hopeful people of all the students got their lives brutally taken away from them.

He looked outside the window of his cottage, his hands resting comfortably on the window rest.

He still remembered Hajime's stare in the elevator, full hatred.

A part of him felt hurt, Hajime got a special place in his heart the moment he met him. He was always interested in Hinata-Kun, how he solved all the cases with some ease, how he stayed calm, how he looked like when he was sleeping on the bed in the funhouse...

He sprung up as he wiped a bit of drool from his mouth.

'Hinata isn't as hopeful as he thought he was, he deserves it to be treated like trash.' Nagito thought.

'...'

'This isn't right.'

He thought back.

He sighed and wanted to get his mind off of things, so he decided to take a walk, grab his coat, and make his way to the beach.

~

The wind was blowing in his face, his white hair getting more messed up than normal.

'This will be a pain to fix...' He thought combing a hand through his hair, only for it to get stuck in the middle.

"Komaeda?" A voice suddenly said.

Nagito looked behind him, only to discover a robot-like face staring at him surprised.

"Nekomaru?" Despite the robot's kind nature, Nagito couldn't help but feel a bit intimidated by him.

"Komaeda! What are you doing here all alone?" He said with a loud voice.

Nagito closed one eye and tilted his head a bit, shielding an ear, surprised by the loud tone he was talking with, "Ah, I came here to get my mind off of stuff..."

"About Hinata I assume?" He said, still with a loud voice but a tad bit softer as he noticed Komaeda finding it highly painful for his ears.

"...That wasn't that hard to guess was it?" Komaeda let out a chuckle, "Yes, it is indeed about..."

He stopped mid-sentence, hesitating to say his name, "The reserve course student..." He finished.

"Why does it bother you that much?" He asked the lucky student.

"..." Komaeda stayed silent, not knowing what to say.

"He was the only one that still believed you when you turned out to have a personality we didn't expect, so why don't you?"

"That's different!" He fired back, "At least I still had hope! Hajime is just some lowly reserve course."

"I guess we have different points of view! But that's normal, everyone has that! But just keep in mind Nagito, at least talk to him," He paused, "Before it's too late..."

"...Doesn't an ult- Someone like you have more important things to do instead of talking with someone like me...?" He asked with a smile, but a bitter undertone.

"Komaeda..."

"You shouldn't prioritise me over your work Nekomaru! Have a nice day...!" He said, waving goodbye and bringing an end to the conversation.