i'll always protect you

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

©—BEETLEJUIICE 2021. please do not modify, edit, copy or reproduce any of the works published.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

reader's pronouns: she/her 

pairings: yosetsu awase x fem!reader

warnings: none, just lots of fluff

additional info: soft boi hours, awase being a nervous wreck. lots of fluff 

a/n: bruh- this has to be one of my favourite requests. it's so fluffy! also i totally did not cry while writing this at the time 

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

"mr. awase?" a nurse queried as he had a clipboard in his hands, his features not moving an inch. "i suppose your able to see your wife now, congratulations on your baby girl!" the ravenette turned to him, fidgeting. "your wife is in room 222, upstairs on your left" nodding at the nurse, he got his things to make a trip to see his newborn. "thank you very much." he stated before walking away to your hospital room.

creak!

the door opened to reveal another nurse, placing your daughter into the hospital bassinet, snuggled up into the warm blanket. "mr. awase! just in time. come sit." she motioned her hands towards the chair near where you were, eyes fluttered shut. "i was going to place your daughter near your wife but you came just in time! do you want to hold her?"

a million and one thoughts raced into his mind as he thought of the idea of holding a newborn—that was his and yours, but not wanting to hurt them in any sort of way. "yes uhh...i'd want to but i don't want to hurt them—i mean sure!" the nurse only plastered a smile on her face as she placed the newborn into his arms. there she was, sleeping soundly into yosetsu's arms. "i'll get going." the nurse chimed in before pacing her way towards the door. your daughter in particular had your [s/c] with awase's hair colour and [h/c] streaks in her hair. observing his daughter, she was still asleep into his arms until he heard a tiny yawn escaping the baby's lips. His heart couldn't be any more fluttered.

once he turned his eyes towards his baby girl, the sight of half-lidded eyes came into view, she definitely had your eye shape and even better—your pretty [e/c] eyes. she was an exact replica of you, just a few minor differences. a smile crept upon the ravenette's face as the sight of his daughter observing the environment around her.

"hello baby, i'm your daddy! mommy is sleeping right now so we don't want to wake her up." he cooed as his features soften. "you know, you look like the cutest little munchkin i've ever seen." what hit the jackpot for yosetsu was the baby giggling in response, while her legs moving.

"hm you're a little fighter huh, munchkin? i've guess you've always have been." he booped her small nose, making the baby giggled even more before snuggling into his chest, leaving awase awestruck. "i-" Not another word could escape his mouth before he heard an exhausted yawn. he was starstruck at the fact that he made a child giggle —even better! it's his. his life couldn't of get any better.

"setsu?" a voice chimed in as it revealed to be you, eyes half-lidded and eyebags underneath. "i see she's already warming up to you. that's amazing!" you squeaked.

"yeah," he replied before cradling your newborn. "do you want to hold her, n/n?"

"most definitely! It's my child too y'know, 'setsu." motioning your hands for the ravenette to give you the baby. Of course, being the good husband he is, he handed you the baby into your arms.

"she's beautiful!" you commented while admiring the sight of the baby girl. "of course she is, you're her mother after all," he chimed in while kissing your cheek.

"what should we name her? can't leave her without a name." you stated, turning to awase. "how about...cheiko." he finished his sentence with a smile.

"cheiko....i like that name, infact."

"then cheiko it is!" he beamed as he came close towards you and cheiko, who was sound asleep. "hey there cheiko," he cooed towards the sleeping baby.

"i'll always protect you both, just remember that."

your baby girl, cheiko was like the missing piece to your life. you couldn't be any more proud.