Chapter 18: Too Fast to Realize

Monica's P.O.V.

We always have that little feeling inside us that always goes off when there's such a small time left to do a lot of things. Example, when Sunday rolls off too quickly and you haven't even started a single assignment yet. It's a crazy feeling. Sometimes, a good crazy and sometimes a bad crazy.

I don't even know how to describe how crazy this feeling is today. I don't know whether it's a good or bad crazy, but I do know why I have it.

It's already Christmas Break and I haven't packed up a single thing for the trip. Yep, that's right, not a single thing.

School ended (temporarily) yesterday and I haven't even picked out a single outfit to bring yet. So that explains why I'm looking through my closet with an empty suitcase on my bed, pondering over bringing warm or cool clothes.

Hearts on fire, tonight
Feel my bones ignite
Feels like war, war
Feels like w-

"Hello?" I said with a sigh through my phone after I picked it up, effectively cutting off All Time Low.

"Someone sounds tired." Brandon chuckled.

I rolled my eyes, "I'm just frustrated,"

"What? Why?"

"Because, I freaking don't know what to pack for the trip which will be on-"

Brandon nervously laughed on the other side, "See, Mony, I called because I wanted to tell you something,"

My eyes narrowed into slits, "What is it, B?"

"Well," another sheepish chuckle, "my dad kinda booked a flight because our jet had some problems and... we're leaving tomorrow."

"What?!" I screamed.

"But don't worry!" He said, panicked, "I'll get one of my sisters to help you pack."

"Damn right you are!"

Brandon whistled lowly, "Wow... you just swore, M! I'm so proud of you."

"Oh shut up. Just get someone here to help me pack. You dragged me into this and you're gonna help me with it." I snapped.

"Well someone's PMSing." Brandon muttered under his breath, but I stll heard it anyway.

"Just-" I started, about to rip my hair in frustration, but Brandon cut me off.

"Yeah, yeah." And then the line went off.

Wow. The guts.

Not long after the phone call, there was a sound of a car's engine nearing my driveway. The car's engine shut off before I heard the sound of a door slamming. Since my mom was at the shop, I went down to answer the door when the doorbell rang.

I opened the door, expecting to see one of Brandon's sisters. But this is the Carsons we're talking about, expect the least expected.

"Girls, it's...nice to see all of you here." I beamed.

"Oh shucks, I heard some hesitation there. Does that mean it's not nice to see us?" Natasha winced.

I laughed. "Of course not," I stepped back to give them enough space, "Come in."

Once we were all settled around the living room, Brandon spoke up.

"I asked one of them to come here buy they all ended up volunteering. I don't even know why." Brandn said with a little shake of his head.