Chapter 5: The Music Deal

"Regina's such a bitch." I said, focusing on my 72-inch LED, wall-attached tv that is currently showing Mean Girls, the third movie we're watching since our shopping spree.

"I know right. A fat lying bitch." Vivianna snarled. We're currently in my room, watching movies and eating junk. I know, junk before dinner. They're yummy, sue us.

"Girls, we need to go. Mom needs us home. Apparently "the man" is at home and they want a family dinner. They're probably gonna talk about Brandon's record deal." Natasha informed.

"If you don't mind me asking, what record deal are you talking about?" I asked.

"Um, as you know Brandon has a great voice and he can play the guitar," Vivianna started, I nodded and made getures with my left hand to continue as I propped my elbow on my leg and rested my chin on my right palm.

"Our dad offered him a record deal but he declined it. It was a great opportunity but he just put it all down in the drain." Jeseree continued.

"But, dad says he can wait and if he changes his mind and agrees, dad is more than willing to offer him the deal. So far, he's as hard as a rock." Natasha finished.

"Brandon didn't tell me that." I stated, more to myself than to them.

"He didn't really tell anybody from his old school or friends." Natasha said as we went downstairs.

"Oh. Well, thanks for hanging out with me. Call me if you need anything." I smiled before hugging them and kissing their cheeks.

"We will. Thank you, Mony." Natasha smiled as they waved and left.

"You finally have some friends." Nana grinned, that's when I noticed her luggages.

"Yeah," I smiled half-heartedly, "and your leaving. Nana, can't you stay for a little bit more? I-"

"No, Mony. We've talked about this. You have everything ready for now. You have friends, their moms like you and you have everything you could ask for." she cut me off. I sighed, defeated and nodded.

"Thanks for everything, nana. You'll always be in my heart, forever." I smiled and hugged her.

"You're welcome. You will be tattoed in my heart too. I have to go, okay." she kissed my forehead and walked out.

I sighed deeply and sat down on the couch. I thought about everything that's been going on in my life. How my parents were never around and only come when they have time for me, their daughter. How Nana already left me. How mediocre I was at school. How I miss my relatives, mostly my cousin. And how I need a friend.

That's when I let it all out. I cried. There were silent sobs echoing throughout the empty mansion. I have anything I coud ever need but even my parents, the one who provides me everything, aren't here. Sometimes, I even cried when I knew my parents are fighting. I was weak.

My phone ringing cut my sobs off. I read the caller I.D. and it was an unknown number.

I sniffed and wiped my face before answering, "Hello?" I tried to say straightly but it came out low.

"Hi Mony!" a familliar chirpy voice said.

"Hi Shane. Why are you calling me and how did you get my number?" I asked suspiciously. Shane was my cousin, Via's boyfriend. We're really close, like siblings.

"Don't worry. Um, Via wanted to invite you to her birthday party on Saturday night. She told me to call some people on the list she made as she called others. I'll just text you where. It'll start at 7:00. Wear sonething fancy and a mask. It's her debut so she wanted it to be a special masquerade 18th birthday party. Her words not mine. Sh'll expect you."