Chapter 2: Ah, the old days.

Monica's P.O.V.

"J-Josh?" I looked at my childhood friend.

"The one and only." he grinned. I smiled and hugged him.

"Oh my gosh, you've changed a lot! How was Paris?" I said pulling away from his grasp to face him with an idiotic smile plastered on my face.

"C'était agréable. (It was nice)." he shrugged.

"Nice? Just nice?" I quirked an eyebrow.

"Yes. Just nice. How about you? How are things? Still the loner?" he smirked.

"Yeah, probably. Still the spoilt rich kid that gets everything he wants?" I smirked back.

"Yup, probably. Aren't you like that, too?" he said making my smile fade.

"Yes. But I'm not as outgoing as you, Joshy." I sighed.

"Stop calling me that." he snapped playfully making me fake a smile.

"Okay, Joshy. We better get going." I bobbed my head at Brandon's direction.

"You ain't going anywhere without introducing me to my replacement." he grabbed my wrist gently.

"Josh, he's not a replacement. You know I love you. So, Josh this is my new friend, Brandon and Brandon this is my childhood friend, Josh." I smiled.

"Nice meeting you, Josh." Brandon said politely.

"As do you, my friend." Josh replied with something glinting along his eyes but I can't seem to point on the exact fact. But I picked up on a fact that he stood up straighter showing off his full height

"Josh and I used to be friends since our parents are really close. But when Junior year ended he left for Paris and left me." I said the last part with a glare at Josh.

Josh chuckled, "Ah, the old days. Well, we better get going. Don't wanna be late for class. That's definitely not what I want to ruin my reputation." he winked.

"Oh really? What reputation?" I smirked.

"The high school popularity. See ya later, Mony." he gave me one last wave before walking out with his friends. Then, I noticed the drooling ladies staring at him and some giving me death glares.

Brandon and I walked out of the cafeteria. "You didn't tell me you had a popular friend. Plus, you're extremely rich, why don't you wanna be like him?" Brandon asked in confusion

"I hate being in the spotlight. It's like as if everyone judges you because you're popular." I replied with a sigh.

"Okay. Well, we better get to next period. I'll see you later at Dissmissal, Mony." he smiled at me.

"Of course." I smiled before walking to the other direction.

===+===+D!sSm!SsAL===+===+

"Do you want to have a movie night on Friday with my sisters and me?" Brandon asked as he climbed in his Chevy.

"You didn't tell me the part where you had a nice car, you know." I eyed his car in awe.

"My dad doesn't have time for us so he gives us stuff instead. So you going?" he chuckled.

"I don't know." I shrugged unsurely.

"Mony, I don't bite. Besides, you'll meet my sisters." he smiled.

"Oh, okay... well, see you tomorrow." I waved and ducked in my own car. He waved back before swifting off.