Chapter 9: Be There With You

Monica's P.O.V.

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"Dammit, Brandon! I don't wanna fucking go there and say sorry to my asshole of a father and his bitch of a fiancèe!" I practically screamed. After I said that, I immediately regretted it.

"Oh My Gosh, I swore! Brandon, I cussed. That's so absurd and inapppropriate. That's very bad and you know where bad people go?" I said while shaking the boy beside me. He was about to say something when I spoke again, "They go to Jail!!! Oh my goodness, I still have a whole life ahead of me. I still have to go to college, graduate, find a guy, marry him and have kids." I said, hyperventilating.

"Mony, Mony, calm down. You're totally exaggerating." he rolled his eyes with a grin. "You cussed once, or more, so what? I mean, seriously, going to jail for swearing, that's ridiculous?" He laughed.

I glared at him but shut up.

"We should go home. C'mon, Mony. Have you even ate lunch yet?" Brandon asked, I shook my head slowly.

"That's not healthy, Mony. Please, let's leave. I'm gonna take you to McDonalds or something then I'll take you home. Please, don't starve yourself, you'll pass out." he paused, sounding genuinely worried but then I spoke too soon and continued, "Carrying a fainted body is too much work." he joked. I slapped his arm with a smile.

"Fine. Let's go."

*-+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+*

"I'll get a McSpicy Shake Shake Meal, a diet coke and a McFlurry with M&Ms." I told the cashier my favorite meal.

"Uh, a Bacon McDouble, a Dr. Pepper and a McFlurry with Oreo." Brandon told her. The cashier nodded, got our trays and gave it to us. We found a seat near the window and sat down.

"I probably look like crap." I muttered as I bit on my Spicy Chicken burger.

"And you eat like a man." Brandon said doing the same with his Bacon burger.

"I feel appreciated." I stated sarcastically with a blank look.

He laughed as we continued eating. As we ate, we talked and laughed and had a good time, being sure to avoid the topic about the family incident.

We hurried for Brandon's car and buckled up.

"What would I even say, Brandon?"

"You're a nice girl, you'll figure something out for an apology. You just simply tell them you're sorry and tell them how you feel calmly." he told me, keeping his eyes trained on the road.

"Okay." I said quietly.

***+++***+++***+++***+++***

I never dreaded to walk in the front door and now I found myself dreading it more as I took each step closer.

I held the doorknob and took a deep breath.

"It's gonna be fine, just tell them how you really feel." Brandon reassured me.

I nodded and finally twisted the doorknob.

1...

2...

3...

dreaded steps. I can't, I just can't.

Stepping in the living room, I watched as they my mom sat on the couch, her knee bouncing up and down indicating she was nervous. My dad, pacing around the room talking on his phone calmly although I knew he was trying to hide his fury. Finally, the beautiful bride-to-be, tsk. I'd rather get hit by a bus. Cue the eye roll.