Chapter 20: Guidebooks

Anicka's P.O.V.

"Sooo, since the convention, or seminar, or whatever it is that you have to attend is still tomorrow, what do we do now?" I asked Brandon

"Well, first, we have to get one of dad's cars from the basement parking of this hotel. I'm not sure where the car is but I have the keys and the remote. It's probably somewhere near the exit and entrance of the basement." I nodded, but then he continued, "Just wait for me at the entrance of the hotel, I'll fetch you there when I get the car, kay?" Straightforward much?

"Alright."

[×°×] (×°×) [×°×] (×°×) [×°×] (×°×) [×°×] (×°×)

"So, where to now?" I asked Brandon.

"Where do you wanna go?" He asked.

I looked at him warily, "Do you even know where we can go?"

Brandon shook his head sheepishly with a guilty grin. I scoffed, "Called it."

"Hey! What is that supposed to mean?" Brandon mock-pouted.

I rolled my eyes for the nth time. "How about we drop by a Bookstore and buy some guidebooks or something?"

Brandon nodded his head, "That's actually good idea, good job, M."

I rolled my eyes again, (What is wrong with my eyes today?), "Just drive to a bookstore."

Brandon punched something in the GPS before he clicked his tongue in recognition, "The nearest bookstore is just one right turn away."

"Well, what are you waiting for then, a zombie apocalypse?"

Brandon tsked, "Patience is a virtue, Ms. Anderson."

"So is following your elders when they ask you to do something."

"So you're saying that you're my elder?" Brandon raised an eyebrow.

"By a couple of months, yes."

He shook his head, "You're weird."

"So are you, but you love me anyway."

"That, I do, sissy." Brandon winked, then he suddenly yelled, "Oh look we're here!"

"Tone it down a bit, you sound like Fiona." He scrunched his nose at my statement as he parked in front of the bookstore.

We went in the bookstore and I immediately felt at home as I smelled the refreshing aroma of book pages and coffre.

We went to the tourist guides and information aisle and searched for the things we needed.

We bickered back and forth about which book we would get the whole time we chose something.

"This one has a built in map with landmarks that were pin pointed." I said.

"Well, this one has information about the landmarks."

"Well, it doesn't have a map that points out the landmarks which makes them useless." I defended.

"We have a built in, hi-tech GPS in the car, why would we need silly old maps?" He scoffed.

I huffed in annoyance . . . also, partly in defeat.

"Aww, cheer up, M. We can get that next time." Brandon teased.

He pinched my cheeks making me slap them away in reflex.